Monday, March 16, 2015

44.5 :: Gaming Weekend

Yes I know, almost every weekend is a gaming weekend for me.  This weekend was a little bit different as I finally accomplished a few things in WoW that I have been working on for quite some time.

-slurp-

[wowhead achievement=4603]Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher

If I had played the game properly, this achievement should have been completed YEARS ago.  Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to run this particular raid dungeon when it was current (level 70); now I'm level 100 and it is very easy.  My son and I have been running this dungeon once a week to get the achievements listed.  Yesterday we were finally able to pull off the last one we needed to get the overall achievement and the flying skeleton dragon mount that goes with it.

[wowhead id=51955]

-slurp-

The second major achievement this weekend was the one I received for looting 25,000 gold.

[wowhead achievement=1181]

This may not sound like a lot, but when you consider this achievement only counts looted coin, it is much more difficult to obtain than expected.  The next goal in this line is the 50,000 gold looted achievement which is going to take some time.  After that there is the 100,000 gold and 200,000 gold achievements and then I've completed the entire set.

Other than those major achievements, I reached level 100 on yet another character (Orc Warrior).  This is my fifth level 100 character since the expansion launched and I've started on my sixth (Night Elf Priest).  I must admit, leveling 90 to 100 is a lot faster than 85 to 90 was in Mists of Pandaria.  Even though the quests are exactly the same as the past 5 times I've done them, I still find things along the way that I missed on previous characters; that makes the leveling experience a little more interesting.

-slurp-

Well folks, that's all I have for updates.  Been playing a little bit of Eve Online; had one of my ships destroyed because I wasn't paying attention but other than that Eve has been fairly quiet.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment