Wednesday, February 11, 2015

v44.2 :: Lok'tar Ogar

Those of you familiar with the game World of Warcraft will recognize the post title today.  For those of you who are not familiar, Lok'tar Ogar is something often heard in the game spoken by the Orcish race.  In the common (English) tongue it simply means "Victory or Death".

-slurp-

I have officially been playing World of Warcraft for 10 years now (on and off of course).  It's amazing when you sit and think about it.  Most people rarely do something for that long whether it be a job, a marriage or even a hobby like gaming.  I recently took a trip down memory lane when I was contacted by an old friend who sent me some screen shots of a game we used to play together (Dark Age of Camelot).  You see, it was this same friend who got me hooked on World of Warcraft and was the person who gave me my first trial key to start my addiction first account.

My friend, who we'll call Fred for now, was one of my best friends when I was living out West.  We went for coffee on a daily basis and he was a huge inspiration and example in my life.  Fred and I also gamed quite a bit together and we always had each other's back.  There were many battles, many victories and of course, many deaths throughout our gaming adventures. Whether it was just standing around town chatting or going toe to toe with the biggest and baddest monsters we could find; we always had fun and always had a good laugh the next day when we chatted about it.

-slurp-

So here I am, 10 years later, still hooked playing the same game I started back in February 2005.  A lot has changed over the years but the game still holds my attention (albeit a lot less these days) and every once in a while I stumble upon something I have never seen before.  I've leveled every class, profession and race to maximum level.  I won't say I've done it all, but I've definitely done my fair share of the content available, and continue to do so.

I've played various other games over the years as well.  Everything from fantasy based games like Lord of the Rings to sci-fi based games like Star Wars.  I liked them all, but none of them came close to Warcraft; all except one which came VERY close - Wildstar.

-slurp-

That's a story for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment