Thursday, January 31, 2013

v43.9: Excogitating No Stress – Day 4

Good afternoon folks,

-slurp-

Yes, here I am sitting at my desk at 3PM drinking a coffee.  You're probably all wondering what happened to "Excogitating No Stress - Day 3" and if you read Day 2 you would know that I was off yesterday.  I had every intention to write but unfortunately I didn't find the time to sit and write anything at all.  I did, however, have a great day off and of course there was no stress since there was no work.  Today, again, I have had little to no stress in my work day.  I've been busy (very busy) and going almost non-stop all day, but I haven't stressed over it.  Even when one of the developers on my team resigned (yesterday while I was out), I still wasn't stressed about it.  I think this whole "No Stress" thing is working.

-slurp-

To-DoWell since I had no work yesterday (and no stress), and today has been pretty much stress free, I guess you could almost say my experiment has been a success.  Tomorrow will be a week and I will find some way to document my findings and publish them here.  In fact, I just gave myself a great idea for a new section on my site to keep track of stress and stress levels; keep an eye out for that to show up soon.  Tomorrow being Friday, I doubt there will be much in the way of stress happening.  Although I do have to work Friday night for a few hours, I'm sure it will be stress free and relaxing.  I will say, my frame of mind while at work has been different.  I don't let things build up and bother me like they have been.  I don't get down about the job and I greet each task with a smile.  The key to keeping your shit together while at work is prioritizing and I will definitely write more on that at a later day.  Let me just add that not everyone knows how to prioritize and those who say they do are usually doing it wrong.  There is a right way and a wrong way to prioritize and hopefully I will be able to help someone out there with my experiences and suggestions.

-slurp-

Ok folks, a shorter musing today only because of the things I need to finish up before I leave for the day.  If you are taking part in my stress free week experiment, I hope things are going just as well for you.  I would really like to hear your experiences this week and how you've been able to ward off the evil that is stress.  Until next time, remember to change your underwear every single day.  Of course if you shit your pants, you can change them more than once a day; in fact, I highly recommend it.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment