Tuesday, January 29, 2013

v43.8: Excogitating No Stress – Day 2

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Stress FreeThough technically it is morning, it is almost noon my time.  I've had a busy stress free morning this morning and have been loving every minute of it.  Yesterday turned out to be quite successful.  It started off busy, but I made a conscious decision to not feel stress over it.  I spent the majority of the morning pouring over email threads that kept me busy most of the weekend.  I believe I mentioned yesterday that I ended up spending a good chuck of my weekend working and then I was working again last night.  In fact, other than the drive from work to home, I worked from 9AM to 10:30PM straight.  It sounds stressful, but when you have a no stress attitude, it was really a walk in the park.  As a result of the extra hours over the weekend and last night, I now have no work tomorrow; nothing like a break in the middle of a no stress week to help alleviate any stress that may come.

-slurp-

CodingOverall I'm quite happy about how things went yesterday.  Despite being busy and having lots of work to do, it was really quite care free.  I did my job, put my head down, had a few laughs with my coworkers and overall had a good day.  I had a smile on my face which (as my coworkers can attest to), is not that common these days.  You see folks, I take my job seriously and I do a god job in that.  I spend a lot of extra hours working and ensuring things are running as smoothly as possible.  I lead a team of developers and often I take on work that could otherwise be delegated in order to help alleviate some of the strain and stress on my team.  I don't mind working the extra hours because at the end of the day if the customer is happy, work is good.  We are working on a major development project right now which has a lot of eyes on it.  The team has done an amazing job pulling together and getting the project finished up and we are getting close to a finished product.  I'm happy with the way things have gone so far.  We've had some bumps in the road along the way, but we have worked through them and things are moving along.  While the team has been focused on this task, I have been trying to take care of the other things that go on in a development team such as this.  I've found myself up many nights developing, debugging and doing code reviews to ensure my days can be focused on the things that are needed.  It has been exhausting, but rewarding at the same time.  I get things done and thanks to my team, we have been successful and are perceived a success.

-slurp-

Well folks, time to get back to it.  Yesterday was a success and today is shaping up to be successful as well.  I'm excited to see how things are when I'm back in the office Thursday.  Obviously tomorrow will be "work" stress free, but I'll still do my best to write regardless.

-slurp-

I hope you are all having a nice stress free day today.  Remember to always tip when going to a restaurant.  Servers have amazing memories and if you ever plan on going back to eat at that restaurant, you may get something added to your meal you didn't order. :)

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment