Friday, January 25, 2013

v43.6: Floccinaucinihilipilification Friday

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

FloccinaucinihilipilificationIt's Friday!  TGIF, Day of Frigg, Fredag Day, Day of Venus or whatever else you want to call it.  For me it signifies the end of a brutal work week and the birth of a relaxing weekend.  In some cultures, Friday is considered unlucky (or Dies Infaustus) and if you read up on it, there are so many different superstitions around the day I find it hard to believe that anyone can be happy on such a glorious day.  Of course the only reason most of us like the day is because it ends our work week.

-slurp-

Enough about Friday.  There is so much information out there regarding this particular day that I could spend all day (and several musings) writing about it.  Let's just say that I'm happy it's Friday and I'm looking forward to leaving work today and starting my weekend.

-slurp-

Test TubesI am also looking forward to starting work next week.  If you haven't read the last couple musings you're probably picking yourself off the floor from the shock.  I should have made sure everyone was sitting down before announcing such a shocking statement.  If you haven't been following along the past couple days, you won't know that I plan on performing a little experiment next week to see if I can reduce stress levels and become more productive at work.  I performed this same experiment a few years back (ok, 8 years back) and it was quite successful.  The big difference here is I don't have a vacation waiting for me at the other end.  This will be a true test.

-slurp-

You are all probably wondering what the word "floccinaucinihilipilification" means.  I used it in the title of the musing because I've used the words "Fantastic", "Fabulous", and may other common adjectives to describe Friday.  Today I wanted to put a little spin on it and (most likely) cause all your spell checkers to scream wildly when you loaded the page.  It basically means "the act or habit of describing or regarding something as unimportant".  Of course you could shorten this word down quite a bit by simply saying "Meh".  However, since Meh does not begin with F, I could not use it.  After all, how was I supposed to use alliteration to create my musing subject (and be witty at the same time) by using a the word Meh?

-slurp-

Well folks, time to get back to the grind and see what my day has in store for me.  Lots of coding and DB work to do today so I the sooner I can get to it, the sooner I can leave.  I hope everyone has a great Friday and an amazing weekend.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment