Thursday, January 3, 2013

v43.3: A New Year

Howdy folks,

Merry HolidaysI'm sure I already have a musing with this title in here somewhere (have been doing this since November 2003 after all) but I figured what the hell.  Happy New Year!

-slurp-

I figure since it was a new year and we all survived the ending of the Mayan calendar and the afore-mentioned end of the world, I should probably write something.  I could sit here and make up any number of excuses as to why I haven't written:

  1. I figured the word was going to end anyway so why waste the last of my days writing to only have it all burn up in an apocalyptic ending.

  2. I misplaced my keyboard

  3. I've been tied up in the basement of a crazy Musings over Coffee fan who has been making me write personal, erotic musings just for them (-slurp- {shudder})

  4. All of the above


In all seriousness, I really haven't been inspired to write these days.  Every time I look at the site I try to think up some brainy, witty thing to write about and my mind goes blank.  Then the words of my mother echo through my head, "I hope your kids grow up to be just as bad as you so you can see what it feels like!".  Wait, that has nothing to do with what I was trying to convey.  Oh well, I guess what I'm trying to say is I have no good excuse for not writing for the past few months other than I'm just lazy and uninspired.  Over the holidays I put a lot of thought into it, I read a few of the articles on "Write to Done" and I spoke to some people.  The end result was a semi-New Year's resolution to write "something".

Those of you who know me know I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions.  That said, I decided to give writing a semi-New Year's resolution to see how it goes.  I don't know how long it will last, but it will get you at least one musing out of me this year :)

-slurp-

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season.  If you celebrated Christmas, I hope Santa found you and didn't scare you in the middle of the night as he went through your stuff.  Personally I think we are much too trusting of letting a fat man with a sooty beard rummage through our houses while we're asleep.  When you sit and think about that, it almost begs people to break into our houses on Christmas eve and steal all our stuff.  I mean who's going to get up if they hear rummaging around on Christmas eve?  I know I wouldn't; I would stay snug in my bed knowing that good ol' St Nick was there.  Wouldn't I be surprised the next morning when I sprang from my bed all my stuff was gone :)

Of course, I merely jest.

-slurp-

Well folks, just a short one today.  I had to spend a bit of time fixing up the site due to an upgrade complication over the holidays.  I think I fixed most of the issues so hopefully things look good from your end.  If you are seeing any problems with the site (formatting issues, error/warning messages, etc.) please don't hesitate to contact me.  Until next time, please don't run with scissors.  It may seem like fun and exciting at the time, but think of the poor spider who's web you've just inadvertently cut due to your negligence.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

1 comment:

  1. Why bring your poor mother in to it??? Every mother I know has made that comment to at least one of their children. You just happened to be the lucky one. :) Love you and glad that you're back up here. Looking forward to some more musings. Enjoy your coffee.
    oh, and leave poor Santa alone.. he was pretty good to you this year. :)

    ReplyDelete