Sunday, October 10, 2010

v40.2: Happy Thanksgiving; Canada

Howdy folks,

-slurp-

It is Thanksgiving day here in Canada today.  It has been quite awhile since I updated last (nearly a month) and for that I can only apologize.  I wish I could say I was super busy these past few weeks and didn't have time but the truth is I just haven't been "inspired" to write about anything these past few weeks.  Call it writer's block or laziness but the fact remains I've been seriously slacking lately with keeping the site updated and for that I can only apologize.

-slurp-

I'm thankful though.  Thankful to be with family on Thanksgiving day as we all sit around my mother's table and partake in some good home cooking.  I've been looking forward to this day for quite awhile.  My wife is a great cook and her meals are quite tasty but there is just no replacement for a mother's home cooked meal.

Of course my friends in the US won't be celebrating their Thanksgiving until next month and I could never understand why, out of all the holidays we share, is this one on a different date.  Regardless, we have a specific day each year where we can take time to gather with family and ponder on the things that we're the most thankful for.

-slurp-

Well folks, just a small update while at my mother's house this weekend.  I promise I will provide more regular updates in the future.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment