Friday, June 25, 2010

v37.0: Happy Fr?gedæg

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

It is Friday!  For me this has been a very long week.  I'm not sure whether it was the sleepless nights or the long working days but this week seems to have dragged on and on.  I actually thought yesterday was Friday.

-slurp-

Regardless, here I sit on a Friday morning writing to you all.  Since we've moved my commute to work is almost nothing.  I spend approximately 20 to 30 minutes a day in my car and that is driving both to and from work.  It is nice to not have a long commute to work and even nicer to spend less money on gas.  In fact, I can easy go at least 2 weeks (or more if I don't do any extra driving during that 2 weeks) on a single tank of gas right now.  This is quite exciting for me since I was spending close to $40/week on gas commuting from our old place.  To make things worse, the summer months are upon us and the regulated gas hogs have decided to jack up the price of gas again.  This morning gas was over $1.03/litre (approximately $4.12/gallon) which only confirmed the summer months.  Every year they do this as the supply for gasoline goes up to power those massive motor homes.

-slurp-

This weekend promises to be another hot one with some rain forecast on Sunday.  I'm not sure how warm it is going to be but it really doesn't matter because the humidity makes it bad regardless of the heat.  Next week will be hectic here in the City as we get ready to host the Nova Scotia Tatoo.  Every morning this week I've had the pleasure of hearing them practice.  My office is less than a block from the convention center so whenever there is a big event like this coming town we hear it days in advance.  My grandparents used to go to the Tattoo on a regular basis, apparently it is quite the show.

-slurp-

Well folks, time for me to get back to work and getting ready for the weekend.  Hell, who am I kidding?  I've been ready for the weekend since Monday morning :)  I hope everyone has a great weekend and remember to keep your sticks on the ice.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment