Friday, June 11, 2010

v36.5: All Moved

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Well we've finally finished moving.  There are still a few odds and ends at the old place which we will hopefully finish up this weekend, but 98.33 (repeating of course)% of the stuff has been moved and we're slowly unpacking and making the new place feel like a home.  This past weekend reminded me just how much I dislike moving and I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

-slurp-

This week has been fairly hectic.  I had Monday through Wednesday off and spent most of the time helping unpack and making a few trips with the car to load up on stuff left behind after the weekend move.  I would like to take this time to thank (again) the family members who showed up on Saturday to assist with the big move.  I know moving sucks and helping someone else move sucks even more.  But that is what family is for right?  Now we begin the painful journey of getting the place setup and finding a spot for everything.  Moving from a small townhouse to a house was easy, there was lots of room for everything, but moving from a house to a small apartment is no cup of tea and despite all the things we threw away and donated, there still isn't much room and next to no storage to "hide" things.

-slurp-

I'm just glad it's over.  I came into the office yesterday an was greeted by a ton of emails and deadlines that needed to be met.  I was also scheduled to perform a change for tonight which is fine and expected.  Needless to say, these past two days have felt like a full week and I'm just thankful I took 5 days off instead of the 4 I was originally going to take.  In addition, my boss from NY is in town next week and you can bet there is going to be a lot of meetings and discussions had which is only going to chew into my already busy week.

-slurp-

Well folks, it is time to get back to work.  I wanted to post something mostly because it has been a week since I posted last and I wanted to make sure I put something down this week.  As we get settled and things start returning to "normal" again, I'll be posting more.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you're traveling, please drive safe.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

2 comments:

  1. Glad the new place seems to be working out for you guys!! And no worries about the move, we just expect you there whenever we move again! lol :P Good luck with your mountain of work! Hope the weekend is fantastic... I am going to do the Relay for Life tonight! From 7pm-7am.. going to be a fun time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're settling in nicely. Having a place to "hide" stuff isn't always a good thing. Just look at my house. lol
    You're right, moving isn't fun but we were glad to help. I think having to move is worse than helping someone to move. It gave us a chance to spend a lot of time together, even though it was a tiring day. Our job as helpers is over, your job as movees has to continue with the chore of unpacking and setting up a new place. I don't envy you the task.
    Megs, hope you enjoyed your Relay for Life.. I think you did as evidenced in your pics on facebook.
    Love you
    Mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete