Tuesday, May 25, 2010

v36.1: Happy Monday

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

I know you typically don't use the words "Happy" and "Monday" together but today is a special kind of Monday for me.  We had a long weekend this past weekend and my "Monday" is actually Tuesday which means I'm already a day ahead.  I love short weeks after a long weekend; much better than having a long weekend followed by a regular week.

-slurp-

Last week I posted about TLAs.  I was looking for a bit more in the way of comments but I understand that recently I haven't been updating on a regular basis so people may not be checking daily like they used to.  I'm going to make every effort to ensure I post at least a few times a week, even if it is only to say Hi.  That said, I plan on giving people until the end of the week to comment on my TLA post with their "thoughts" as to what they mean and then I will post the results in a follow-up musing on Monday.

-slurp-

As I already mentioned, we had a long weekend this past weekend; to be more specific, it was Victoria Day on Monday here in Canada and as such, a lot of businesses were closed for the day.  Next weekend is Memorial Day to our friends to the South.  These two weekends are typically called the "May Long Weekend".  Up here in the cold white north, the May long weekend is typically when camp grounds open up for the for summer season and when people hit the beaches and test out the lakes that were frozen over only a few months earlier.  It is a sign that Summer is almost upon us and nice weather is finally on its way again.  I'm looking forward to hopefully getting away and doing some camping this Summer.  Last year we didn't get a chance to make it out when my father came down to visit but this year I plan on making every effort I can to make it out; even if I have to tent.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, the time has come once again where I need to bid you farewell for now.  The office is starting to get busy with people coming in to start their day.  I've already been working for approximately 30 minutes which is nice because it's TUESDAY!  Yeah, this is going to be a good week I think.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment