Friday, April 9, 2010

v35.4: Sweet Tooth

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

First off, happy Friday.  We've finally made it through another week.  This week seemed a lot longer than usual, probably because last week was short due to the holiday.  I'm really looking forward to the weekend at this point, only a few more hours away!

-slurp-

This morning started off like every other.  I got up late, jumped in the shower, got dressed and headed out the door.  I pull up to my regular Tim Horton's and there is a massive line-up of cars at the Drive-Thru.  Normally I would park, get out of my car and head inside but today I was feeling lazy and tired so I decided to wait in the line-up.

-slurp-

After waiting for approximately 10 minutes, I finally place my order; Extra Large Coffee with cream.  I wait a couple more minutes to get to the drive-thru window and I was greeted with a smile and a coffee.  I took the coffee, gave them my money (keep the change) and drove away.  Normally my coffee is too hot to drink right away but as I put my hand on the cup this morning I could clearly tell it was only a little hot, easily drinkable.

-slurp-

Now normally first thing in the morning I'm very thirsty.  I usually grab a drink of water before heading out the door but this morning I was in such a rush (see getting up late) that I forgot about it until I got my coffee.  So now I'm thirsty and happy the coffee is cool enough to start drinking.  I open the top and the first thing I noticed was how light colored the coffee was.  Normally, and extra large with a single cream is still fairly dark but this coffee looked like it had several creams in it as it looked like chocolate milk when the bottle is empty and you pour milk in it to get the very last bits of chocolate out.  That mixed with the fact that the coffee wasn't piping hot, tipped me off that this was not the coffee I ordered.

-slurp-

I cautiously brought the coffee up to my lips and took a taste.  Yep, wrong coffee.  Clearly someone (either ahead of me or behind me) likes more cream and sugar than actual coffee in their drink.  If I could describe the taste for you I would have to say it tasted like puréed gummies mixed with cream and a hint (and I really mean a hint) of coffee flavor.  It was disgusting but I was so thirsty I ending up taking a few sips of it before I had to finally set it down.  It was the sweetest coffee I have ever tasted.  Since becoming accustomed to drinking coffee with no sugar, any amount of sugar in coffee makes my stomach turn.  Personally I think coffee should never have sugar in it, but that's just me.

-slurp-

I made it into work only a minute late; thankfully traffic was light today.  I walked in and immediately went to the kitchen where I proceeded to dump the entire contents of the Extra Large coffee into the sink.  I rolled up the rim (to win!) and it said "Win Rav4".  No, not really, it said "Please play again" and I cursed and threw the cup into the garbage disgusted and annoyed.  Not only did I get a cup full of crap, but it was also a losing cup which only soured my mood.  Since there was no coffee, I decided to not write a musing but then fatigue started to take over and I decided I had to go down and get one.  This time they got it right and this coffee is perfectly the way I like it.  Will I win something?  You'll have to check my Roll up the Rim status to find out ! :)

-slurp-

Anyway folks, that was my unaltered morning.  Yes it really did happen that way and it was just as boring as I made it seem.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Get outside and do something, you'll feel better.  Remember to watch for fire ants, the have one nasty bite.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you may have gotten a coffee that I would have ordered.. a double double. Trying to make the most of this weekend but the freakin rain isn't cooperating. Hopefully this afternoon things will clear off and we can both get some yardwork done.
    Have a great weekend.. going to check to see if you won on your second cup.. :o)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete