Monday, March 1, 2010

v33.7: Gold For The Win

Morning folks,

-slurp-

"He waited until the final moment - with Canada teetering on the brink of a national panic attack - before Sidney Crosby put his mark on this game, this gold medal, this emerging legacy." - CTV News

Oh yeah!

-slurp-

What a great game last night.  Just when you thought Canada was going to win it, the U.S. comes back and ties it up with just over 20 seconds left in the 3rd.  I cried out; loudly.  I don't know what comes over me sometimes when I'm watching hockey.  I don't recall ever being a huge Hockey fan but when I get into a game, I cheer and  curse like the best of them.  For those who have been living under a rock this past couple weeks (17 days to be exact), I'm referring to the 2010 Winter Olympics and the gold medal game for Men's Hockey.  It was U.S. vs. Canada in what I'm sure was the most watched hockey game ever on national T.V.  I couldn't find any numbers, but there are reports of people celebrating all over the country.  Bars spilling out into the streets to cheer and celebrate, some streets were even shut down due to the celebrations.  It was a night to remember and a proud day for our country.

-slurp-

Of course I could write all day about the Olympics and all the events I watched and all the gold medals we won but I'll leave that for another day.  As I mentioned yesterday, roll up the rim is finally here!  My first coffee was a win and to make it even sweeter, it was free.  I bought another coffee this morning (forgetting about my win at home) and hopefully I will win again.  I will be keeping my Roll-Up 2010 page up-to-date as I win and lose and you can follow along daily.  Hell, this would be a GREAT time for someone to buy me a coffee :)

-slurp-

Well folks, I got up late today and there are a couple of important appointments today that I'm a bit nervous about.  As I've done every year for the last 3 Roll-Up contests, I will be posting here every single day until the contest is over.  It is that one time a year where we can truly celebrate coffee and hopefully win something along the way.  Thanks for dropping by and remember, if you see a Moose walking down a busy Canadian city street, just smile, we live in Canada.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment