Monday, February 15, 2010

v33.1: Happy Valentine's Day!

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Yes, I know I'm a day late but I hope everyone had a good Valentine's day.  It is the one day a year where a guy is allowed to be sweet and mushy and nobody will care.  Of course I'm like that everyday so Valentine's day was just like every other day for me.  With one exception...

-slurp-

Most parents rarely get a moment to spend alone with each other.  To those out there contemplating having children, keep that in mind.  If you're used to being able to spend time alone with your significant other, having children is going to throw a wrench into that.  I think I can count on one hand the number of evenings I've had alone with my wife in the last year.  I'm sure we could have had more if we found a baby sitter for the kids, but in this day, who can you really trust to watch your kids?  Right now the only people I will leave my kids with are family members.  Even that isn't healthy since family tends to start getting a tad annoyed with you if you constantly pile your kids on them; especially 3 little brats like mine.

-slurp-

But this isn't about me, this is about everyone else in the world who had a good Valentine's Day.  Yes, there were some who didn't and I'm sorry, but today I want to focus on the good.  How did that special someone make you feel special this Valentine's Day?  Did they buy you chocolates?  Flowers? Take you out to dinner and a movie?  Feel free to respond to this Musing and let me know; I'm interested in hearing all the different ways people spent Valentine's Day.  It may give me some good ideas for next year :)

-slurp-

Well folks, short post today.  I'm working from home, which is to say I should be working right now.  With that, I will bid you all a good day and I hope everyone has a fantastic week.  Who knows, maybe this is the week Roll-up-the-Rim will start? :)  We can only hope.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

2 comments:

  1. Anytime you want a night out I will gladly watch the kids!! Never hesitate to ask me ok? I ask you guys enough. *LOVE YOU!!*
    No mushy gushy valentines stuff for me. Just spent the day with my true love, Hailey! She gave me a valentine with a chocolate heart in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up to a beautiful card and roses. Mike was going to take me out for supper but we had spent enough money the night before at the wedding reception, so I offered to make supper. Didn't mind at all cause I know that if I had of wanted to go out, we would have.
    And as far as spending time alone with your spouse.. been there.. done that. Still doing it.. lol Enjoy your "three brats" while you can. They grow up waaaay too fast.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete