Friday, November 13, 2009

v31.6: Long Time

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Long time no write.  Or I should say, long time no write a musing.  November has been a very busy month for me.  Work has taken up a good chunk of my time and I've been working longer than usual hours every day.  In addition to that, I've also been taking part in NaNoWriMo.

-slurp-

What is NaNoWriMo you ask?  Well it is short for National Novel Writing Month and you can view all the details on their website: http://www.nanowrimo.org

-slurp-

The goal of this group is to bang out 50,000 words in 30 days writing your novel.  The rules are simple, don't go back and re-read your work, don't worry about punctuation, spelling or any of those other things we tend to get caught up on when we write.  Basically, every day you write as much as you can and by the end of November you need to have at least 50,000 words written.

-slurp-

I'm doing OK.  I haven't written every single day but I've written there more than here and usually when I have some spare time I'll go there and write.  It is almost the half way mark and I'm just under 1/5 done my novel.  If I wrote every single day I would need to bang out just over 1,600 words a day to reach the goal, but I tend to write more than that (over 4,000 words my first day) so I have no doubt if I put my mind to it, I'll accomplish my 50,000 words no problem by the 30th.

-slurp-

What is the point of all this you ask?  Quite simply, it is a way for writers to throw out all the B.S. that tends to clog our minds when we're writing and allows us to focus on nothing but writing.  It is a fun exercise and the community base there is very helpful and friendly.  After all, we are all writers.

-slurp-

I plan on posting parts of my story here on Musings over Coffee sometime in December and with any luck, I'll catch the eye of a publisher (or meet one through NaNoWriMo) and be on my way to becoming an Author.

-slurp-

Well folks, not a lot of time to sit and Muse today.  I wanted to give you an update on what I've been working on and dust off the Musings over Coffee site a bit.  I have been thinking of redesigning the site a little bit (again) so don't be alarmed if you show up here one day in the near future and everything is switched around.

-slurp-

Until next time my friends, remember to change your under-clothes every day.  Just because it doesn't look dirty, doesn't mean there are thousands of microscopic organisms living in them which (over the course of a day) will slowly begin to crawl up inside you and cause a lot of trouble.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment