Thursday, October 29, 2009

v31.4: World of Real Life

Howdy folks,

-slurp-

Here  I am again writing in the evening.  Another long day at work with little to no time to sit and focus on writing.  Even now I struggle keeping focus.  Is this the end of my musings?

-slurp-

Of course not!  Just because I'm not able to post daily like I want to, doesn't mean I'm going to pack up shop.  Ever once in awhile I get "inspired" to write and when I do it usually ends up being a fun experience; for everyone.  As I eluded to in my last post, work has slowly become a place I dread going to.. again.  I enjoy working, I enjoy my job most of the time but lately things have really started to put a strain on my life, my family relationships and everything else.  It wouldn't be fair to blame this all on work either as there are other things going on right now that are causing a great deal of stress.

-slurp-

But what is life with stress and struggles?  There is a song that says, "Life's a dance you learn as you go" and there is so much truth in that.  Life isn't something you can teach your kids, but you can prepare them to face life.  I feel I've done an OK job preparing my kids and I will continue to do so until the day I die.  Just as I value my parent's input (even today), I hope my children will value my input.

-slurp-

I find it quite funny how we tend to spend most of our "prime" years working our asses off to provide a future for our children and for ourselves.  We spend hours working overtime, extra hours and hours a day commuting to work and we end up missing out on most of our children's lives.  Then the grow up, move out and you retire and your children are too busy working to spend time with you as they go out in the world to provide for their own families.  That is a joke played on us by the gods and they're laughing their asses off at us.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, I'm tired.  The baby hasn't been sleeping very well and has been keeping us up all through the night for the past couple days.  I think I'll find a nice quiet place to lay down and catch some Zs.  Remember to take your garbage out on garbage day and not the night before.  This prevents wild life from coming into your neighborhood and tearing your garbage bags to pieces, spreading garbage all over the street.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

1 comment: