Monday, July 13, 2009

v27.6: Picture is worth 1,000 words

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

If a picture is worth 1,000 words then there are probably hundreds of thousands of words about my weekend out on the internet somewhere.

-slurp-



Friday Night

Stayed up way too late playing Eve Online with friends.  I don't think I got to bed before 4am.  Why do I do this to myself? :)

Saturday Morning

Found out my father wasn't coming over to visit so decided to relax around the house.  Despite the lack of my father visiting, my sisters and their families all showed up for a day of fun.

Saturday Afternoon

My skin is slowing starting to burn under the hot afternoon sun.  Fun times in the pool and burgers and hotdogs on the Barbeque for all to enjoy.  There is laughing and smiles all around.

Saturday Evening

40 of Rum is half gone, at least a dozen empty beer bottles and only 3 of us drinking.  Where did the Rum go?  We play cards, heat, exhaustion and booze are starting to affect me in a negative way; retire to basement to cool off and gather focus.

Saturday Night

Where did the Rum go?  Who drank all the beer?  Why is Rick sleeping on my recliner upsidedown?  Juggs drops by and we play a round of Poker.  The night turns into the morning hours and the previous night's lack of sleep is finally catching up to me.  I'm exhausted beyond belief and for some reason the ABC song from Jackson 5 is in my head and won't go away.  I have earned the name "Lobster Boy" because my skin looks like it is made of MOLTEN LAVA!  I've been kissed by the sun in such a way that it made me it's bitch.

Sunday

Ouch, my sunburn hurts.  I mope around the house all day doing as little as possible.  I'm tired and hung over though the pain from the sunburn is overwhelming the hangover so I don't know what I felt.  I go through the day like this and spend my evening playing Eve and Evony.  Eventually sometime after midnight I head to bed and fall asleep a couple hours later.

Today

OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SKIN!  I wake with clarity.  Reality of the weekend came crashing down on me like a space station toilet seat re-entering Earth's atmosphere.  I'm in so much pain that cold water actually feels hot on my skin.  I make a note to buy softer towls my next pay cheque.  Apparently the ones we have now feel like sandpaper on my sun burned skin.  I put on a shirt for the first time since Friday night and make a note to buy softer shirts on my next pay cheque.  I double check to make sure I have work today because we all know how that turns out; and then I make my way into the office to share.

-slurp-

I don't have any pictures here at work to upload and share but I'm sure someone from my family will be posting them on one of the many social traps out there like Facebook.  I looked like Hell Boy's younger brother.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, I need to run for now.  I have a lot of work to get done today and best be at it.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you put any sunscreen on??
    Sounds like I missed a great time. :o(
    It was wonderful to see Brayden tonight. Such a great surprise.
    I can't wait my week with my grandchildren in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man.. I'm so sorry that the sun burn hurts and I'm sure it hurts way worse than it did when you were drunk and fresh lol ... Oh I definitely have pictures but they are on my camera phone ... I will get them off there tonight and email them to you to upload to all your friends... I'm sure they would love to share in the laugh that I am having right about now!! hahaha IN a few more days, you'll be fine and laughing about it too! :D

    ReplyDelete