Monday, July 6, 2009

v27.4: Post Vacation Blues

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Just finished dropping off my car at the dealership for my regular Motor Vehicle Inspection which was due last week.  I drive a 2008 car with low mileage yet they insist to do the money grab and make me come back a year later to get it inspected to make sure it is still safe for the road.  Thankfully this safety inspection is good for 2 years now and not the traditional 1 year so I won't have to worry about the thing until July 2011.

-slurp-



As my topic may suggest I'm experiencing a bit of the post vacation blues.  Over the weekend we went out to the lake to visit with family.  It was supposed to be a bit of a family reunion though we were missing quite a few people.  The rum and beer flowed freely and good times were had by all.  The weather man was calling for rain and thunderstorms and we enjoyed 2 full days of sunshine and swimming.  You couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend.

-slurp-

Of course as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.  It would be too easy for me to stay at the lake, build a cottage and live out there.  You can bet that if I had the cash to do it, I would give up everything here and move my family and myself out to the lake where we could live each day to its fullest without the worry or hustle and bustle of city living.

-slurp-

Well folks, just wanted to put out a quick thought this morning.  I have approximately 100 emails that require my "immediate" attention this morning so I need to run and address those right away.  Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

-slurp-

Cheers,

Al

1 comment:

  1. It really was a fantastic weekend, wasn't it ??
    I don't know if I'll ever catch up on my sleep... lol

    ReplyDelete