Tuesday, April 28, 2009

v24.0: Happy Anniversary

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Today my wife and I are celebrating 10 years together.  I can't believe 10 years has gone by so fast.  It seems like just last year we were a couple of kids in love and scared because we were about to embark on a crazy adventure called parenting.

-slurp-

We have also been gamers for most of our relationship.  When we first started seeing each other I introduced her to MMOs.  Back then the only real MMO available was Ultima Online (UO) and we played that for quite some time.  Then we left UO and started playing Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) shortly after we got our house in Calgary.  Then it was a few years after that (3 or 4) that we left DAoC for good and made our trek into World of Warcraft (Wow) where we are still.

-slurp-

We have always been (and always will be) a gaming team.  Her and I always seem to work well together and our character classes tend to compliment each other allowing for us to "duo" some content that would normally take more people.  We have done a lot of things together in gaming and we've done a lot of things together in the "real world".

-slurp-

Enough about us though.  Today on my way into work I heard on the radio that over 150 people have died due to the Swine Flu that is infecting Mexico City right now.  We have some reported cases here in Nova Scotia, but nobody has been hospitalized yet for it and most have only reported mild flu like symptoms.  I can't help but think of my cousin who was recently down in Mexico.  I haven't had a chance to get in touch with him in the last week or so to see how he is.

-slurp-

There are so many things wrong in the world today I can't keep up with it all.  It could be that the media coverage of things has just become a lot better than it has in the past therefore we learn about things faster and in more detail.  Some feel we're approaching the end of days where the world will come close to destruction and the majority of the human race will be wiped out.  There are many stories predicted by past scholars that talk about the end of the world or "Armageddon".  The Mayan calendar is about to end on Dec 21, 2012 and it is believed that on that day the polarity of the earth is going to flip.  Nobody really knows what that means but they have found evidence in the layers of the earth's crust that it may have happened before.  Only time will tell I guess.

-slurp-

Personally, I'm going to take things one day at a time.  People can be so caught up in things they can't control that it overwhelms and consumes them.  My biggest worry right now is figuring out how to open my pool for the summer.  The company that was recommeneded to me went out of business this past winter so now I'm back to square one.  I could attempt to do it myself but I would much rather get a professional in here to take care it for me since I really have no idea what I'm doing.

-slurp-

Well folks, I must take off for now.  The new site is almost ready.  I was working on it last night but ran into a bunch of issues trying to migrate my posts over.  For some reason the script to convert the Wordpress data to the new data is breaking the export (though I can't figure out where) and as a result I am unable to import anything.  Hopefully I can get that fixed up soon (maybe not tonight being our Anniversary and all) and get the site finally moved over to the new framework.

-slurp-

Until next time,
Al

1 comment: