Monday, April 27, 2009

v23.9 - A-musing

Good morning folks,

-slurp-

Surprise!!  I didn't get my new site pushed out this weekend thanks to having a fun filled weekend of birthday parties and family visits.  Saturday was a HUGE success with my son's 9th birthday.  Most of the kids showed up in their rock-n-role attire and fun times were had by all.

-slurp-

I think the finally tally was 19 kids.  1 Kid who RSVPed didn't show and 2 who didn't RSVP showed up.  We had lots of cake, snacks and drinks for the kids and they all appeared to have a great time.  Of course you can't have 19 kids all in the same house without there being some mishaps.  My son decided to invite his entire class to this party which means you have both the unpopular and popular kids at the same party.  You've probably seen the movies where the unpopular kid shows up at the party only to be picked on by the popular kids; grade 3 can be a difficult year if you're unpopular.

-slurp-

Of course being a father, I had to do fatherly embarassing things to my son during his birthday party.  My son got an electric guitar for his birthday so I decided to indulge myself.  I picked it up, plugged it in, cranked the volume and hit the overdrive button and started pumping out some awesome metal rifts.  I started playing an old song (from my childhood) and immediatly half of the kids at the party knew it and watched in awe.  I too was in awe as my fingers moved up and down the fret board making that old guitar sing.  I broke off into a solo rift of the Star Wars theme song and my brother-in-law stood at attention and saluted me with a hand in the air to signify repsect for the tune.  There was fun had by all and all ages.

-slurp-

Thanks to both of my sisters who helped out.  Having 19 kids to look after was a bit of a nightmare which was made easy by them being there.  We also had a kid there who gave himself a timeout for being mean to another kid.  This kid went into my son's room, shut the door and stayed in there for a few minutes.  He came out shortly after and walked up to my sister and told her that he had thought about what he did and was sorry.  He went over to the kid he had hurt and apologized to him.  All of this from an 8 year old!  I was surprised and amazed.

-slurp-

Sunday my sister and brother-in-law came by my house to pick up their tent trailer which I had stored in my garage for the winter.  I now have my entire garage to myself again which makes for a happy Al.  All winter long I was able to put my car in the garage but it was a tight fit.  Now that the trailer is gone there is a TON of room for my car and everything else.  I was even able to get the kid's bikes out yesterday so they could ride around on them.  Fun times.

-slurp-

Anyway folks, I need to jet and get some work done.  I hope to have some time tonight to roll out my new site but we'll see how it goes.

Until then,

Al

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great party.. sorry I had to miss it.
    Can't wait to hear you on Braydens guitar and can't wait to see the new site.

    ReplyDelete