Thursday, April 23, 2009

v23.7 - Musing over Coffee

Morning folks,

-slurp-

I can't believe this Musing over Coffee v23.7.  If you've been following along since the beginning you'll know that this all started at v1.0 and has incremented by .1 every post.  This means I have written a total of....

-slurp-

... 237 Musings!  Well to be fair, I've only written 236 until I click Publish on this one.

-slurp-

Today is my Son's 9th birthday.  I can't believe it's already been 9 years!  It seems like it was just last week that we brought him home from the hospital.  We were scared, we were new parents and we had no idea what we were doing.  We read books, we looked up info online and we prayed that we would make the right decisions and raise our child right.  Now we have 3 and we feel like old pros.  Happy Birthday Son!

-slurp-

I've decided to make a few changes to the site.  You may not see the changes right now but they are coming and you'll notice some improvements soon.  For starters, I plan on changing the style of the musings somewhat.  The formatting will be a little different and the "slurps" are going to be changed slightly to go more in-line with the rest of the changes I plan on implementing.  I eluded to some major changes in a Musing last month and then decided to not make such a drastic change.

-slurp-

In short, I want to keep the fun of the current Musing and I want to clean up the code and style sheets to bring them more in-line with the 21st century.  I've been making websites since 1996 so I have a LOT of bad habits to clean out and some new coding languages to learn.

-slurp-

I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know what I was up to.  Yes the roll-up-the-rim contest is officially over but I haven't forgotten about my readers.  I plan on writing more and more but I feel I need to do this cleaning first.  Once the site is running smooth again I will begin posting on a regular basis with some new content and direction that I think will surprise many of you.

-slurp-

Until then...

Al

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the changes and to hear from you more often. I've missed reading the past week.
    Give the birthday boy a HUGE hug and kiss for me.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete