Sunday, April 12, 2009

v23.4 - Sadness

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

I always wondered why there was sadness in the world.  I guess for there to be happiness there must be sadness otherwise we'd be emotionless zombies walking around thinking like some sort of Vulcan inflicting logic and reason on others.

{slurp}

Today we gave away our dog to a loving family.  I took no part in it as I didn't want to get rid of him.  I sat in my basement watching Season 2 of BSG while I listened to the people upstairs smile and laugh with my kids all the while thinking how hurt they will feel when they see him leave.  Hard to believe it was only 6 months ago we got the dog when he was a bright eyed pup looking for love and affection.  Sadly, due to work and being tired all the god damn time, I just didn't spend as much time with him as I could have.  Since my wife is the one who is home all day looking after him, I left the decision up to her.  She has a long history of pets and while she shed tears today when our dog left, none of them were for the dog itself, but for the sadness our children were feeling.

{slurp}

Of course I don't really feel like writing about the pain we all feel.  It was something that needed to happen mostly because it was ultimately my wife who was spending the most time with the animal.  Of the time she did spend with him, most of it was yelling at him for chewing something important or jumping up on the counter/table and eating the food or any number of issues.  All of this because I let my job get in the way of the things that were more important to me.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, like I said, don't really feel like writing much today.  The tone here at the house is a sad one and I only hope this hurt passes quickly as this next week is going to bring with it a whole bunch of trials and tribulations for my family as we struggle to make ends meet and risk losing everything we have.  Wish us luck.

Cheers,
Al

1 comment: