Monday, April 6, 2009

v23.0 - Long Weekends


Good morning folks,

{slurp}

There is just something about long weekends that make the rest of the work week a little more bearable.  Last weekend was a long weekend because it was my birthday and I wanted to have that day off.  This coming weekend is an extra long weekend for me because I have the stat holiday (Friday) off as well as the following Monday; just wish I had the money to make a trip to visit family.

{slurp}

I had a great weekend this past weekend.  I had some family show up and surprise me Friday night with a birthday cake, some beer, some rum and some good laughs.  We hung out all evening and drank and chatted; it was a nice relaxing evening.

{slurp}

I was finally able to raise my Deathknight in WoW to 80 this weekend.  I had been putting off leveling the character because I was waiting for Katie to level with me on her Deathknight but she finally admitted to me that she wasn't intereted in leveling that character and to go ahead and do it myself.  So I did and a week later he went from 64 to 80.

{slurp}

While I'm on the subject of WoW I'm faced with a small dilema.  My account subscription is coming up for renewal on the 10th and I'm seriously considering not renewing and taking a small break from the game.  My reasoning behind this is to spend a bit more time with the family as well as get some chores around the house done.  Spring is finally here and there is much need to do some minor yard work and to get things ready for summer.  I want to make sure the place looks nice this summer so I want to get out and rake the yard, clean up the garbage that seems to have appeared from the inconsiderate asses that don't know what a garbage can looks like.  Of course you don't see the garbage until after all the snow has melted and by then it has started to become part of the yard and has this strange goo on it.  I also want to look at fixing the basketball net in our driveway.  My son and I have been out shooting hoops since the weather started getting nice and I found that if the ball goes in the basket a certain way it will hit the concrete wall and bounce off out into the street.  It's a bit of a pain and a bit dangerous especially when your instinct is to chase the ball trying to stop it.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, it is Monday morning and I have 3 days worth of email to go through and catch up on.  Looking forward to a quick 4 days and then off again so until nex time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment