Thursday, March 19, 2009

v22.2 - Live From Mom's

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

As the title would suggest, today's musing is live from my mother's house; of course everyone is at work.  I wish I could have found a better time to come and visit but this was the best I could do with my "busy" schedule.

{slurp}

Coming back to where my mother lives brings back a whole flood of emotions and memories.  If you have been reading my musings for any length of time you'll remember last year my grampy passed away and a few years before that my nanny.  This place reminds me of them so much it was a little painful to drive around town this morning when I went to get my morning coffee.  Speak of which...

{slurp}

Ahh, yeah.  Anyway, getting back to the memories.  Ever since I could remember, this place has reminded me of my grandparents on my mother's side.  I remember spending a week or so every summer here and swimming in the lake and going to town for ice cream or just for a drive.  I swore that if I ever won the lottery or came into a whack of cash, I would go out to the lake and offer to buy my grandparent's old house back.  It may have gone through a pile of changes and may look nothing like I remember; but that house has a whole pile of memories for me as does the area around it.

{slurp}

Just driving through town brought back memories.  I looked at houses that haven't changed for as long as I can remember.  Of course the town looks a lot more run down than I remember, but kids don't tend to look at things that way.  I remember this town being a thriving community where people knew your name and your vehicle.  Today as I drove through I hardly saw anyone out.  The main street which always seemed to be bustling with activity was dead and quiet.  At first I thought, oh that's normal for a Sunday but then I remembered that today is Thursday.

{slurp}

I miss my grandparent.

{slurp}

I may have mentioned in a previous musing that my mother's house has gone through a major renovation.  Major is one word I would use for it.  Basically, they took the old portion of their house and ripped all the interior walls down (sans the bathroom) and created one huge open floor design.  I am impressed and amazed.  Their once seemingly cozy, dated home is now bright cool and modern.  Hats off to the contractor that did such an amazing job it truely is an amazing sight.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I need to take off for now.  For those who have been keeping track of my Roll-up-the-Rim contest winnings, keep checking back.  I plan on adding some nutrition information as well as some extra tidbits of information there that some of you may find interesting.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

1 comment:

  1. I miss your grandparents too Al... more than I think anyone realizes.
    Thanks for coming down.. I wish we could have had more time and a chance to make a trip to the lake. Hopefully soon.
    Thanks for the nice comments on the house. I'm glad you like the changes.
    We loved having all of you.. even Hunter :o)
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete