Thursday, March 12, 2009

v21.9 - The Next Day

Good Morning Folks,


{slurp}


The sun is shining and the snow is nearly gone. The stresses and strains from yesterday seem miles away yet so close.


{slurp}


Today is my last day in the office. I'm thankful for this as there are some definite negative feelings here that I just want to get away from and forget about. Tomorrow I need to work from home because my daughter has a doctor's appointment and I really dislike wasting my time and gas driving downtown more than once in a day.


{slurp}


Today I wanted to share with you something funny that happened a couple weeks ago. I was looking through the site config options and I noticed there was a plugin installed (obviously by me at some point) that enabled the Google Analytics gathering automatically for the site without me having to modify any files to gather the metrics. I hadn't checked the Google Analytics for my site in a long time so I thought I'd login and check out who's checking me out.


{slurp}


I've received quite a few hits to the site over the past few months from all over the globe. I thought how strange that was since I don't advertise or offer anything than the occasional musing so I figured the traffic was being driven by search engines that I allow to view and cache my site content. Sure enough, after looking at the top search engine results for people who connected to my site, I found that a lot of my "non-local" traffic was indeed driven by search engines.


{slurp}


Normally I would have just dismissed this and moved on but I wanted to check out the kinds of searches that were making it to my site. One search in particular caught my eye and I laughed out loud when I read it. The only reason I laughed was because I remember writing about it many years ago and I found it funny that someone searched for this and found my website. I can only imagine the look on their face when they read what I wrote.


{slurp}


What was that search? It was simply, "How to destroy a VHS tape". The Musing in question dates back to July 7, 2005 (that's right, I've been doing this a long time) titled "Musing over Coffee v7.8 - Extreme". Feel free to go back and read it after you're done reading this musing, I know I will. Also in that musing I talk about a new game I wanted to invent called Extreme Jacks. Yeah, it sounds more fun than it really is. Oh and the VHS destruction part, good for a laugh if that's your bag.


{slurp}


Well folks, I need to jet for now and begin my day. I'm looking forward to the end of the day and saying goodbye to the office for a week. Life is just too short to fret about things that aren't important at the end of the day.


Until next time.


{slurp}


Cheers, Al

No comments:

Post a Comment