Monday, March 9, 2009

v21.6 - Moan

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

I did intend to write something earlier today but my day was so full of things to do that I didn't have time.  In fact, I would have completely missed writing my musing today if it hadn't been for a gaming friend of mine who reminded me when he told me the secret to happiness.  What is that secret you ask?

{slurp}

What is the secret to happiness?  People have been searching for this one for awhile so don't even being to think I can sit here and tell you what it is.  My gaming friend told me today that the secret to happiness can be summed up into 3 areas:

Love
Life
Leisure

So if all of these areas of your life are good, you're a happy person.  I have to disagree with him, but it was nice of him to provide me some content for my musing today.

{slurp}

So what is the secret to happiness?  Well I would start by saying that happiness is going to be different for each of us.  Each individual person has their own meaning of the word happiness.  Ever hear the saying, "Money doesn't buy you happiness"?  To a poor person this couldn't be further from the truth; to a wealthy person who has "everything", they might agree.  See how I put everything in quotes there?  Sneaky of me wasn't it?

{slurp}

Now I'm not going to go all preachy here and tell you to live your life a certain way to be happy.  I'm probably the worst person to be giving advice on that subject right now.  I won't say that I'm unhappy, but I've been happier.  Don't get me wrong, I have everything I could ever have wanted with my family, a roof over my head and fresh food and water.  There are just some aspects of my life I wish I could clean up and fix for good.  Unfortunately it would take a miracle for that to happen so until then I'll just work my ass off every day for little to no recognition and pray to God every night to help me find a way out of this hell.

{slurp}

Depressed yet?  Don't be.  We all have those skeletons in the closet that we're ashamed of.  Mine isn't unlike most people as it revolves around finances and not having enough.  Who doesn't have enough these days with the recession?  Money is tight right now and I'm just thankful to have work; and not a bad job either if I might add.  It isn't want I want to be doing in life but it isn't a bad way to pay the bills and mortgage.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, if you're looking for happiness you need to look inside yourself and really ask yourself what you need in your life to make you happy.  I bet for the most part you already have the things you need to make yourself happy, you just need to find the joy in them (again?).  Keep your head up and don't let anyone EVER put you down, you're better than that.

Until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment