Saturday, February 28, 2009

v20.8 - Pain in the Rain

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

Well it looks like the gods have decided to bless us with yet another day of pain and misery.  While they were at it, they decided to dump a ton of rain where I live and laugh with glee as all the snow beings to melt causing drains to back up and roads to flood.  Good times.

{slurp}

But of course that doesn't concern me much because I'm at home; warm and dry.  I'm also playing too much World of Warcraft when I should be doing other things.  Of course I'm also still not feeling that great so I feel I can justify spending time on the computer that way.  It is quite funny when you think of all the excuses we make for ourselves to convince ourselves what we're doing is justified and right.  The amount of internal conflict we give ourselves is uncanny.

{slurp}

Of course I'm not the only one sick today.  My daughter, who awoke in the middle of the night quite ill, is also quite sick today.  I think she has a bout of the stomach flu and I'm afraid it may spread to the other kids.  Unfortunately, it takes a lot to take her out of action and she is trying to shrug off this flu and do the things she normally loves to do.  Of course that doesn't help her get better so she ends up staying sick for longer because of it.

{slurp}

As I mentioned already, it is raining fairly hard here today.  I took a drive earlier this morning to pick up a coffee and was surprised to see all the water everywhere.  The snow banks that used to be several feet high are now barely a foot tall.  The snow is quickly leaving, but the forecast is calling for a LOT more.  I think over the next 3 days they are calling for somewhere around 60cm of snow (almost 2 feet).  I am so tired of the snow and can't wait for spring to finally get here.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, have to take off and get some things done before our scheduled WoW raid today.  I'm looking forward to it, which is strange since the game has started to lose a lot of the luster it once had.  It seems too easy.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment