Tuesday, February 24, 2009

v20.4 - Roll Up The Sick

Howdy folks,

{slurp}

I'm sick today. Yesterday I went into work sick with meds to keep me awake and alert but today I just can't do it.

{slurp}



I had a few new people start on my team yesterday. One is a current employee who just came back from maternity leave, then there are three other gents from India. We had planned to give a work related overview to them but found out that some of them had been traveling for 36+hours and had just arrived in Halifax 5am that morning. Needless to say, we felt bad for the folks from India and we cut things short.

{slurp}

Normally I would have called in sick on days like Monday, but I knew we were giving these presentations and I wanted to ensure I was there for them. Unfortunately, the presentations didn't happen and were rescheduled for today. Now I'm home sick because I pushed myself too hard yesterday when I should have been home in bed resting. Hopefully things go well today, I feel bad for having to miss it; considering 4 of the people are going to be members of my team going forward.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I really am sick today and need to rest. I just wanted to keep my promise of posting everyday while Roll-up-the-Rim is on and I plan on sticking to that one :)

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment