Wednesday, March 5, 2008

v14.1 - Whoah Wednesday

Morning folks,

{slurp}

It is Wednesday and thw Whoah is describing what I woke up to today.  I awoke as I always do, to the sound of the radio playing on my alarm clock.  I typically will let the thing play for a few minutes and hit snooze and repeat this until it is time to get up.  This is my "gradual wake" program which doesn't work worth a damn.

{slurp}

I was listening to the radio and was surprised to hear of a freezing rain warning for today.  My first thought was, "Wow, that will be fun driving to work in." and I was getting ready to hit snooze just as the announcer was informing everyone that all the schools in the area are closed today.  Imagine my excitement as those words echoed out of the tiny box on my night stand.  Now I don't go to school, but my kids do and when they can't go to school, I can't go to work.  One of the perks of my job is the ability to login remotely and do my work.  So I got out of bed, washed up and logged into work to inform my team I will be Working from Home (aka WFH) today due to the school closures.  I then proceeded to check my email, message boards and make sure everything is running as expected.  The kids are still in bed, it is quiet (for now) and my vehicle looks like it has a half inch of ice covering it.  I'm going to try to see if I can take it off in one piece later and set it in the parking stall next to mine.  Imagine the look on the neighbours face when they come home and see an ice replica of my vehicle sitting in their spot.

{slurp}

So here I am, at home, drinking home brew (bleh) and writing my musing completely undisturbed.  It is a good feeling and I wish I could spend every day this way.

{slurp}

If you've been following my Roll up the Rim 2008 progress, you'll notice as of yesterday I've only won one thing from the Roll up the Rim contest.  That is to say, out of 16 cups of coffee, I have won one thing (a coffee).  Looks like the odds are against me this year again :)  That's fine, by the end of it I will be above the 1 in 9 average and life will be better for it.

{slurp}

Well folks, despite the fact I'm working from home I do need to actually do some work so I'm going to sign off now and return to my daily blah.  Keep checking back for site updates and changes as I plan on making a few today :)

Until next time.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment