Saturday, March 1, 2008

v13.8 - Where's My Roll-up?

Howdy Folks,

{slurp}

What a day.  It all started off early this morning waking up to the sounds of my son getting sick in the bathroom.  Not a great way to start the day half asleep hearing "something" coming from the bathroom next to you and wondering if you're dreaming or really awake.

{slurp}

After an exhasting morning, I do the normal Saturday routine arriving at Tim Horton's around noon to get a coffee and pick up Katie from work.  This time, however, was the first time since the Roll Up the Rim contest started that I was not "permitted" to have a Roll up the Rim cup.  Why you ask?

{slurp}

I'm sure you've heard it all before:  Contest available to everyone EXCEPT employees of Company X AND their immediate family.  Apparently, everyone knows me as Katie's husband at her work so when I went up to the counter and ordered my beverage (Large coffee with 1 cream) I was quite surprised to get a regular every day brown cup.

{slurp}

Needless to say, Katie wasn't very impressed and she is going into work tomorrow to correct this mistake :)  Granted, I am an immediate family member and I am permitted from playing, but come on!!  Haven't they heard of fiendz.net?  Don't they know I keep records of this stuff and post it?  Don't they know I muse over coffee??!!??

{slurp}

Ahh.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day and my roll-up cup will be mine!!  MY PRECIOUSSSSSS!!

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

1 comment: