Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday Already!

Morning Folks,

Yes it's Tuesday already!  It was a nice long weekend here and when I awoke this morning I came to the realization that it wasn't Monday, but Tuesday.  Imagine my surprise and happiness as I realized my work week was 1 day closer to being over.

Here in Canada we had Thanksgiving this past weekend.  It was a great time and we headed over to my sister's place to food, family and fellowship.  We were only able to stay a few hours, but they were fun and relaxing which was exactly what I needed to have.  Since my better half has started working, I've noticed a great deal more stress and strain on us.  Of course that stress and strain seems to be offset a bit by the fact she is making money now and is able to actually buy things without need of my bank card.  It is actually quite strange to see her whip out her own bank card and make a purchase or buy lunch for the family.  I nice change.

This past weekend was also an epic gaming weekend.  Normally I don't stay up super late to play WoW, but this past weekend I had some kind of drive to do so.  Both Saturday and Sunday nights were very late for me (later than 2am) and then last night I was up until after midnight.  A friends and I decided we were going to run some Heroic instances over and over.  For those of you who don't understand what a Heroic instance is, it is a dungeon where 5 players go team up and go into.  The Heroic part means we've set the dungeon difficulty level to harder than normal so we can get better gear and something called Heroic Badges.  These heroic badges are the primary reason for running these instances since you can buy some pretty nice armor and weapons with them.  Well, over the weekend I ended up picking up 17 of these badges.  Consider for a moment that the average instance has 3 bosses that drop these badges, and then consider again that I picked up all the badges (poor Bim), that would mean I ran around 5-6 heroic instances this weekend.  Not a lot by some standards, but a lot for me when you consider I used to run maybe 1 a week.

Anyway folks, I must run for now since I keep getting side tracked by work.  I'll see you again tomorrow!

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment