Wednesday, October 3, 2007

One Way

Morning folks,

Or Afternoon as the case may be today; I'm late, but here.

I had debated on whether I would write today and then forced myself to login and post.  Why?  Because I said I would post every day and by god I'm going to stick to that promise! :)

I've entitled today's musing as "One Way".  As most of you are aware, I live in the city of Halifax.  Halifax is a very old city established as a City in the year 1841, and a town in the year 1749.  I won't go into a lot of depth on the city I live in, but if you're interested, I urge you to check out This Wiki Article.  Because of the age of this place and the fact most of the buildings are now historical land marks, you have a place where roads and intersections were an after thought.  If you've had the pleasure of driving around in Halifax, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday, I left work a little early because I had to pick up my daughter from dance class.  I was supposed to be there around 5pm so I left work around 4:45pm to give myself enough time to make it.  I didn't drive very far until I realized I wasn't going to make my 5pm deadline.  As luck would have it, there was an accident on one of the bridges (I don't take either of the bridges home from work) which was causing wide spread delays across the entire city.  I only know of one way for me to get home without having to drive across the confusing streets of Halifax and possibly ending up in a ship yard somewhere.  So I stayed my course and inched along for over an hour.  I finally arrive at my destination just before 6pm, pick up my anxiously waiting family and we headed off home.  If you look at a map of the Halifax area, you will see that the major city part of Halifax exists on a little peninsula.  It is because of this that there are only a couple ways to get out of the city and when one of those ways is blocked by an accident, traffic everywhere suffers.

Meh

Anway folks, thought I'd share that short little story with you.  Please read the Wiki article on Halifax.  I'm sure you'll find it most interesting. :)

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment