Friday, May 11, 2007

The Friday You'll Never Forget!

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

That's right, I have a coffee this morning and I actually have a few moments to sit and write.  First off, let's define the word Friday:

Friday is traditionally considered the sixth day of the week, falling between Thursday and Saturday, as it does in countries that adopt a Sunday-first convention.  In countries adopting the Monday-first  and in work-based conventions, it is the fifth day of the week.

Now hopefully, here is something you didn't already know :)

The name Friday comes from the Old English word frigedaeg, meaning the day of Frige the Anglo-Saxon form of Frigg, the Germanic goddess of Beauty.

{slurp}

The word Friday in most Romance Languages is derived from the name of Venus such as vendredi in French,

Ahh Friday, how we love this day as it typically is symbolic of the end of our work week.  Unfortunately for me, it is only the beginning :)

{slurp}

We're Moving!

Yes, I realize this is very sudden, but we met with our Landlord yesterday and we went over the place briefly with him.  We decided that we would like to move in ASAP and forego the paint job (which it didn't really need).  As a result, theer are workers showing up there this morning to make a few repairs and touch up some needed paint spots and then we can go ahead and move in.  Looks like we'll start by moving some minor stuff today and tomorrow and finish off the big move Sunday (Mother's Day).  Looks like we're in for a fairly busy weekend.

{slurp}

So why are we in such a rush to move?  Well, this place became available and we went to take a look at it.  I think the first thing that attracted us was the fact it was a 2 storey town house with 3 bedrooms.  Not only that, the place reminds me a great deal of the Townhouse we had while living in Alberta and those were good memories.  I won't say the place is perfect as it could some a few touch ups, but it is perfect for us right now and with it being a lot closer to the school, it will make life a little easier on the mind.

Of course, as luck would have it, I'm on-call this weekend.  Not only that, but I need to work tonight from 10:30pm until shortly after 2:00am.  Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun? :)  Then while I'm moving stuff back and forth between our old place and new place (which is only a 1-2min drive lol) I may get paged and have to find a PC to login to work and... well.... work.

{slurp}

It will all be good in the end though as we'll have this nice place to stay in for the same cost of our current place and a neighbourhood of kids all around us.  I'm looking forward to some good times in this place.

Well folks, I must begin my day here at work.  I imagine we'll be without Internet for a couple days during this move so I may not get a chance to post any pics or update the site for a few days.  I do plan on uploading some pictures though so check back soon for that update.

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment