Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All Moved In!

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

What a weekend we had.  All I can say is thank God it's finally over.  We started moving Friday afternoon and didn't finish until Sunday late afternoon.  Katie and I took on the brutal task by ourselves and we did the entire move casually over the weekend in our Minivan.  Surprisingly, the only item that did not fit in the Minivan was our Queen sized box spring, everything else fit just fine.

{slurp}

Of course, what would a weekend of moving be without any mishaps.  To make matters a bit more unbearable, I was on-call for the weekend as well.  Luckly enough there were no pages during the day while we moved, but during both Friday and Saturday night I received about 3 hours sleep total (in both nights).  That made for a cranky Al but I tried not to let that show.  Moving is stressful enough without the overtired being added into it.

{slurp}

So now we are all in and everything is starting to unfold.  The furnature is being organized, the boxes are being unpacked and we are starting to turn this once vacant townhouse into our future home.  The kids have really been enjoying the new place as there are other families in the complex with children and we are letting the kids out of the house to play.  This is a new thing for us because in our last place there was nowhere for the kids to go unless you wanted them to play in the parking lot.  Now we can throw open the patio door and they're gone to a neighbours house or just to play on the patio together.  It is a much different atmosphere.

{slurp}

Today our Internet, Phone and Cable get transferred.  I won't say I missed having Internet Sunday and yesterday, but I found it interesting how "lost" I felt without having a phone.  Internet is something that I deal with daily, but as soon as you want to call home and realize there is no way to contact your family, you get a little edgy.  Hopefully the Cable guy shows up at our new place sooner than later :)

{slurp}

Well folks, I must go and get some work done.  Today promises to be busy and I must get some work done.

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment