Friday, March 30, 2007

New Projects

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know about a couple new projects I have on the go.  First off, let me say that the Roll-Up-The-Rim contest is going well and so far I'm about 1 in 6 for winning a food item.  I haven't won anything big yet, but I'm still looking for that LCD TV :)


One of the projects I've started working on is called Popularity The purpose of this project is to track whether all the effort is worth doing when it comes to fixing up your site and attracting people to it.  I have used 6 different sources to track things like code issues, search engine popularity and various other checks.  I will then follow all the recommendations given by each of these sites and attempt to make my site more popular.  In a month, I will rerun the checks to see how much more popular my site is and report it here.  Hopefully, if all goes well, I will see a nice little increase in traffic to the site.

The second project I started is titled Linux.  This page is going to be dedicated to my Linux projects (of which there is only one currently).  The first project I've decided to tackle is setting up a LinuxMCE machine.  For those who don't know what that is, head on over to the Linux page and check it out.  I've broken the project out into 3 stages.  Currently I'm working on Stage 2 which I hope to complete this weekend so I can begin working on Stage 3.  Stage 1 of the project was collecting all the necessary components (most of which I already had).  I'm really excited about this project because it can really spruce up my apartment for my family and I and offer a great multimedia experience to the whole place.

I'm always looking for other projects to embark on as well so keep checking back for new things I'm trying out. :)

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment