Monday, March 20, 2006

v13.2 - /dance

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Well the powers that be have yet granted us another day of exsistance. While we may not look at it as a blessing, it most surely is. No matter what happens to you throughout the day, always remember you're here and still alive and kicking. Everything else is moot.

{slurp}

Meh

{slurp}

So far, my Tim Horton's Roll up the Rim to win standing is 2 for 25. I'm not happy about this, but I'm learning to roll. Today I'm drinking an extra large double double and I'm enjoying every single slurp. Why? Because this could quite possibly be my last coffee ever.

{slurp}

I've realized a few things this past weekend. Frist and foremost, life is short. Life is what we make of it, life is like a box of chocolates, etc. We've heard the "Life is Like.." lines over and over throughout our lives. We've made up our own renditions of some of the popular ones and we've even sat back while the herbal weed runs through our veins and have come up with these grand solutions to lives problems.

Well, unfortunately I wasn't into the herbal weed this weekend, but I did have a breakthrough. The words, "Life is Short" is SO true. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was in my early teens running around without a damn care in the world. My parents tried to head me off at every pass and I would always try to side step. I didn't care and all I wanted was to be on my own and living the life of a free adult. Just goes to show you, the grass isn't always greener on the other side :). Life is short my friends. One of these days (hopefully) we are going to wake up old. Hell, I'm going to be 30 in just over a month. 30 years old!! I remember when I was I was 10 years old and my mother turned 30. Hell, I even remember when my father turned 30. Now, here I am 20-22 years later turning 30 myself. In another 24 years my son will be turning 30 and I'll be getting ready for retirement. Life is short.

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I don't want to start depressing people here :) Life is short, but it is also a time for celebration. New life begins every single day. Of course, with new life there must be the loss of life. This is where we go through some of the biggest trials in our lives. I don't want to dwell on death today. Everyone has been touched in one way or another with death, some of us more closely than others. With the creation of life, the presence of death must exsist.

{slurp}

So the weekend was fairly layed back. We went to my Sister's house on Sunday to have some food and fellowship. I played some games with the kids and watched Rick get his ass kicked in WoW :) We came home last night and sat back and did nothing. I hate Sunday nights.

{slurp}

Well folks, I'm about to step into a meeting so I must wrap this up. Remember, always ALWAYS keep your stick on the ice. Last thing you need is a hockey stick in the face or worse :)

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment