Wednesday, March 8, 2006

v12.8 - Zero for Sixteen and Counting

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Behold, we are blessed with another day. The sun came up, we arose from our sleeping slumbers and decided yet again it was time to get on with our day. Some of us may have the day off, some of us are home sick adn some of us are home sick playing games.

{slurp}

Me, I've begun the never ending pattern of the mundane as I come to work, sit at a desk and then will eventually go home to my family. Oh the joys life can sometimes bring. :)

{slurp}

Today I awoke with a rap rap rap on my apartment door. Today we had people coming over to measure the dimensions of our apartment for their website. Nevermind the fact that all their apartments are already listed on their website with very detailed blueprints. I suspect the measuring is a cover for something else. Maybe the film in their spy cameras needs to be replaced, maybe there is a secret stash of cash or drugs somewhere in the apartment and they finally feel it is safe to collect. Maybe, just maybe, they are looking to see if we have a REAL Christmas tree up in the apartment. Nevermind the fact that Christmas is long gone and over, we may still have our Christmas tree up and breaking the rules by having a REAL one.

{slurp}

Chances are they really are measuring the apartment to ensure their records are accurate. Makes me wonder what kind of information is already on their website when we were looking for a place. Maybe the Square Footage isn't exactly as they advertised and someone called them on it? Maybe they are being audited or some other government bullshit. Who knows?

{slurp}

Went out for a beer after work last night with my boss who is up visiting from New York. Apparently we are supposed to go out tonight but the other team members from New York won't be arriving until around 8pm. Personally, I don't feel like staying out late tonight. I didn't get enough sleep last night (or the last few nights) and would love nothing more than to go home, play some WoW and goto bed.

{slurp}

Well, as the title of my musing suggests, I'm 0 for 16 this morning for winning anything on my Tim Horton's coffee. I'm in the middle of coffee number 17 this morning and hopefully I finally win! So far this 1 in 9 stuff is purely false. Yeah, I have a 1 in 9 chance of winning something but how can you stop Timmy Thomson from buying 3 coffees at once and winning twice? Does that mean he won't win again for 17 more coffees? No, it just means someone else (like me) is stuck not winning a damn thing :) Oh well, such is the luck of the draw.

{slurp}

Well gang, I'm going to tie it off here and go and get some work done. I'm at work a whole hour early today and it sucks. Maybe I'll get to sneak away early or maybe I'll end up going out somewhere with the gang. Either way, I'm at work and hating every minute of it.

{slurp}

{rolllllll}

DAMMIT!!!!!! 0 for 17... Meh

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment