Monday, March 6, 2006

v12.6 - Warm Rolls...

Morn.. err.. Afternoon Folks,

It's MONDAY!! Aren't you all excited? Isn't this the day we've all been waiting for since Friday? Doesn't anybody care about the seals?

{slurp}

Sorry I didn't get any musings out Thursday and Friday last week. Life (as always) had me down in the dumps and I just couldn't bring myself to bring down others with me. As a result, I skipped the musings and decided to give it a weekend to recover.

{slurp}

So my mother, my step-father and my step-sister came up to Halifax to visit this weekend. I can't begin to express how glad I was to see them. As you are all aware, the main reason I moved to the East coast was to be close to family again. Unfortunately things haven't been what we had "hoped" and I find I talk to my family less since moving here. It was a nice visit and it was good to see people I've grown to call family.

{slurp}

Divorce can hurt a lot of people. Even though my parents have been divorced for quite a number of years now (Is it 10 years now?), I still feel the small "pang" of hurt. Of course, my parents are the ones who hurt the most through the break. Thinking always of their kids and making sure they were the ones at the top of their priority lists. My father changed quite a bit after the split, as did my mother. I would have to say that our family, despite our disfunctional state at times, is a lot closer together than we were 10 years ago. My father and mother have both gone their seperate ways and have created new families. I am humbled and happy to have a brother and a sister, despite them not being blood relatives, I still consider them the same as a blood relative.

{slurp}

But I digress. The point of all this is simple; I love my family.

{slurp}

We didn't do a heck of a lot this weekend. Spent Saturday at my Sister's place while we anxiously awaited the arrival of Mom and family. They were late (of course) and I found myself pacing around the house wondering if she was coming or not. You see, both of my parents have made plans to come visit us in Halifax a number of times now and each time something has happened that didn't allow them to make it. Despite the email I received early that morning from my mother stating she was coming, I still had doubts.

They made it, and there was much rejoicing. In between some KFC and paddle ball contests, I took a moment to reflect on my life and the lives of those I affect on a daily basis. Of course, I'm still reflecting on that so I won't bore you with the mundane mental dribble that I call my thoughts. Perhaps in a future musing I will share my results with you.

{slurp}

Sunday we had everyone over to our little apartment in Halifax. We sat back and had some home made stew which I made. Yes folks, I can cook more than Hotdogs and Kraft Dinner. Everyone enjoyed the stew (or so they let on) and we sat around relaxing and conversing with each other.

Of course, all good things must come to an end and everyone left to go their seperate ways. The house felt empty and void. Katie and I retired to the Den while the kids watched movies and played games on the computers. I think I fell asleep somewhere there as it went from 5pm to 9pm real fast. Of course when I have a nap during the day I tend to stay up late. Such was last night as I didn't get to sleep until somewhere around 4am.

{slurp}

I awoke this morning against my better judgement to just stay in bed. Now I sit at my desk overlooking my keyboard and typing a musing half way through my day. At least it's Monday! :)

{slurp}

Well, meetings call and I must get this out before then. Hope you all had (have) a great day and we'll see you again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment