Wednesday, March 1, 2006

v12.5 - 0 for 7

Afternoon Folks,

{slurp}

Welcome to another fine Wednesday! Today is Ash Wednesday in fact and I don't plan on spending anytime musing about that.

{slurp}

As the musing title would suggest, I'm currently 0 for 7 in the Roll Up The Rim To Win contest. Despite the fact they say 1 in 9 will be a winner, I'm getting damn close to being a serious loser here :)

{slurp}

Wanted to write a little bit about my adventure in WoW last night. As some of you know, I've been trying to get my hands on this sweet bow. It is called the Ancient Bone Bow and it just looks damn cool. I logged in last night, just like any other night, and attempted to get into a group to do Scholomance to get this bow. Basically, even if I did get into a Scholomance group, I have a 20% chance that the bow will actually drop for me, so I wasn't getting my hopes up.

I was getting ready to log at around 10pm when someone in the guild asked me if I was wanting to join a Scholomance group. I immediatly looked at the clock and thought, "Why Not". I made my way out to the dungeon and just as I was about to arrive at my destination, I got disconnected from the server. DOH! Normally this wouldn't be such a bad thing, but upon trying to log back in, I had to wait in a queue of over 200 people! A little flustered and annoyed, I called up Rick (who was currently in-game) and told him to notify the people in guild that I got disconnected and was waiting on a queue to get back in.

After about 15-20 minutes of waiting I was finally back in. I made it to the dungeon and we began our adventure. This was my very first time in Scholomance. I had heard it was a hard dungeon, and after a couple wipes (Feign Death for the win!) I finally started to believe it. It wasn't until after our second wipe that I realized the group I had joined was more or less incompitent. No structure, no strategy and they were letting a level 58 hunter do stupid stuff. We finally got all that ironed out and were able to make our way through the dungeon to the final boss room.

{slurp}

In the final boss room you need to kill 6 bosses before the big boss will spawn. It was the second boss that I was interested in because this was the boss that had the 20% drop chance for my bow. Our raid leader set the loot to Master Loot and we began to engage the boss. After he died I literally held my breath. When the raid leader posted in the raid chat that the Ancient Bone Bow had dropped I nearly lost it with excitement. The only thing stopping me from getting this bow was the level 58 Hunter in the raid (who was good friends with the raid leader). I immediatly rolled on the bow. I looked at the screen and say an 86 (rolls are from 1 to 100). I immediatly let out a cheer.. while that isn't the best of rolls, it was damn good. Then right below the 86 I saw a 91. Immediatly my heart sunk, I had lost the bow to the damn 58 hunter who didn't have a damn clue how to play his class. I was about to spew out a few curses when I read to the left of the 91 and noticed 'Ralic rolls'. I had to read that line at least 10 times before I realized the 86 was the noob hunter's roll and the 91 was mine!

I won the bow!!

{slurp}

Yeah, was exciting and I'm still quite pumped about winning that bow. While most of you have no clue what I'm talking about, I thought I'd share it anyway :)

{slurp}

Tomorrow is going to be an early morning for me. I have to sit in a training class for the majority of the morning (starting at 9am) to learn about one of the products we support here at work. While I'm interested in the product, I'm not interested in waking up and braving the traffic hell that is Halifax. My current shift starts me at Noon and I get out at 8pm. While I usually don't stay until 8pm, I like the shift because I avoid both morning and afternoon rush hours and I don't have to wake up before God to get to work on time (like my last job).

{slurp}

Anyway folks, I need to head out and get some work done. Hopefully you all have a great day and we'll see you again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment