Monday, February 27, 2006

v12.3 - Basket Weaving 101

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Well another Monday is upon us. Another blessing from the gods to awake and join in that common course entitled 'Humanity Reigns'. Another week of fun and excitement begins and a another weekend ends. This week also introduces a new month and the end of February 2006 forever.

{slurp}

Ok, enough of that. How is everyone doing this cold sunny day? Well it may not be cold where you are but it sure is damn cold here.

{slurp}

Hope you all had a great weekend. Myself, I was sick most of the weekend (and today). I believe I mentioned something in a previous musing about how dry the air is in our apartment. Odd I know considering we live on the Atlantic coast. Apparently, because of the exhaust vents for all the laundry rooms in the build running through our Den to the outdoors, the air in our apartment is void of moisture leaving it very dry and crisp. The perfect breading ground for sickness and head colds. I awoke this morning (if you can call it waking up feeling like a corpse) to dry mouth and nose. In fact, I couldn't even swallow for about 10 minutes because my mouth and throat was so dry. Not a good feeling to wake to, but a hot hot shower with tons of moisture helped to free some of the build-up in my throat and nose and I was able to speak again. I think today may contain an adventure to Wal-Mart to purchase a couple Humidifiers to assist with the constant head colds and sickness my family has been dealing with.

{slurp}

Despite a small fight with the love of my life, the weekend went fairly smooth. I played way too many video games this weekend, but the weather just wasn't nice enough to go outside. I did, however, accomplish quite a bit with my Hunter in WoW this weekend.

{slurp}

Friday night I was able to get the 'Shadow Forged Key' which will allow me to access some of the harder areas in BRD (Black Rock Depths). Saturday we did a couple Strat runs and I was able to pick up the 'Key to the City' which allows me to access Strat and some of the areas within (as well as the back door). Sunday I took part in an 'Attunement to the Core' run which now allows me to enter into the Molton Core for some high level instance fun. I also made over 200 gold this weekend and overall feel like I accomplished a lot.

{slurp}

Having a lot of fun playing WoW these days. Missing being able to spend time with my friends, but new friends are being made daily and the guild we are in has turned out to be a lot more fun than previously thought. Still working on getting Katie's toon up there and I suspect she'll be level 40 by the time I get home tonight. If not, you can bet she'll be level 40 by the time we goto bed.

{slurp}

As I mentioned in Friday's musing, my son had a little play date Friday with his friend. That same friend came over to our place Friday night to have a sleep over. Let me tell you, having 3 kids in the house was a pain! Not only did he spend the night, but he also went with us to get groceries. I'm sure some of the parents who read this can relate (right Mom?). Dragging 3 kids around with you through a grocery store can be quite a difficult task. Especially when one of the kids isn't yours. The night went ok and there was little to write home about.

{slurp}

Well folks I'm going to take off and see about getting some work done today. My head is so 'fuzzy' feeling and I just can't seem to concentrate. Perhaps a sick day would have been in order for the day, if I was allowed to take one. The only way I'd get away with a sick day here is if I physically was unable to sit. Alas, the struggles and pains some people must endure.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment