Monday, February 20, 2006

v11.8 - Poor Boys

Morning folks,

{slurp}

I'm sitting back at my desk today with an XL Double Double coffee from Tim Horton's listening to my Uncle Mike's CD entitled 'DejaBlues'. For a Monday morning, things couldn't get a heck of a lot better.

{slurp}

The weekend unfortunatly could have been a lot better. Started off with a wicked wind storm (wind gusts up to 90km/h) which brought a chill that could only be brought on by Maritime weather.

Of course, the weather service failed to mention this storm would last pretty much the entire weekend and we (the family and I) ended up being 'stranded' in our own apartment most of the weekend because it was just too cold to go out and do anything.

{slurp}

Therefore, there was much gaming and indoor games that took place as well as the renting of movies from the local video store. Before I realized what day it was, we were approaching Sunday night and I realized I had done absolutely nothing all weekend.

Luckly for us, today is a US holiday and we are at work supporting a mainly US company.

{slurp}

As some of you are aware, DAoC has fired out a bunch of 'Welcome Back to Camelot' emails. I fired this up on Thursday (against my better judgement) and was not disappointed.

Had the game been fun and exciting like I remember it was, I would have been sorely disappointed. However, since it was exactly the same as it was when I left, minus a bunch of other things, I was not disappointed and found it all too easy to /quit and walk away.

{slurp}

I would have to say that I have finally lost any interest in DAoC that may have once exsisted. After being 'spoiled' by the game that is WoW, I have decided to finally sell off my DAoC account and never look back. I have a lot of great memories of the game and I have met a lot of friends, but I just can't bring myself to play it.

I don't think I'll make much off the account, but I will put it up on eBay anyway and see what kind of interest I get in it. I can't imagine playing any other game but WoW at the moment.

{slurp}

WoW is by no means, perfect. There are a lot of issues with the game that are sometimes frustrating and annoying, but overall, the game (to me) is much better. I've played a lot of games recently, mostly FPS (First Person Shooters) but nothing brings me back like WoW has.

{slurp}

Anyway, getting away from the little gaming rant there. :) Katie and I were watching some TV this weekend. Lately, our interest seems to be in the Winter Olympics. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find it 'fun' to sit back and watch people skating around a huge circle as fast as they can. One of my favorite events (of course) is Hockey. Despite the disappointment of Canada losing this weekend, I still enjoy a good hockey game.

{slurp}

Egads! My coffee is gone! It would seem I sucked back that cup very very quickly. Something must be wrong.

Well, what good is a Musing over Coffee without the.. umm... Coffee? I could go and get another and come back and write some more, or I could just bid you all a fond farewell now and pick this up again tomorrow. To be honest, I really have nothing much else to say this morning and hopefully I can be a bit more awake and fresh to write tomorrow.

Until then, keep fit and have fun!

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment