Thursday, February 16, 2006

v11.6 - Gamers Game

Morning folks,

{slurp}

According to my calendar it is the 16th of February in the year of our lord 2006. Even though it isn't morning where I am, it is morning somewhere in Canada :)

{slurp}



There is a tiny problem with the current site. For those of you who hopefully are receiving this musing via email, you are missing out on a small part of the "teaser" at the beginning of each post. So before I continue on, feel free to head over http://www.fiendz.net and check it out. The site is pretty simple and is intended to do nothing more than house my musings.

{slurp}

With that, it is time for some useless content and witty banter.

{slurp}

As I stated above, it is Thursday. That can only mean tomorrow is Friday! You know what Friday is right? Right? RIGHT!!??

/sigh

{slurp}

Friday morning I have an appointment to have my van saftey inspected. Since I moved here from out of province, I need to get the van saftey inspected to certifiy it is drivable on Nova Scotia (New Brunswick and PEI) roads. The vehicle is brand freakin' new, so I should pass with flying colors. In fact, I doubt the dealer will even spend much time looking it over because it is so new. When I went in to schedule the appointment, I told him the make, model and year and when I said 2005, he just kinda looked at me and said, "That should be quick.".

{slurp}

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll have a Nova Scotia license plate on my van and not feel like such an outsider :)

Since I moved here, I've seen at least half a dozen Alberta plates in the city (discluding my sister's). Every single one of them were expired. One of the plates I saw had expired in October 2005 (I spotted him in Jan 2006). Makes me wonder how someone got away with having expired plates for 3 months and is still driving.

{slurp}

So I awoke this morning to a strange woman's voice in my apartment. Well, I shouldn't call it strange as I recognized the voice, but it was strange because I wasn't expecting to hear it. The owner of the strange voice was Mel from upstairs. Katie and Mel are friends who walk together every morning and afternoon back and forth to the school. I had met Mel and her significant other last week while we were up at their place stealing one of their couches. I'm still uncertain as to why she was at our palce this morning, but it made me realize one thing; I'm WAY too free about wearing next to nothing when I get up in the morning.

We have two doorways leading into our main bathroom. One is for public entrance, the other is from our bedroom. Instead of using the latter of two doorways, I choose to use the public access one. I think this is because the door leading to our bedroom is often locked, so I just skip that step and walk around.

{slurp}

I had arose from my air matress bed slumber with a stiff back and a strange tingling sensation in my feet. Yes folks, sleeping on an air matress for more than 3 months can lead to physical problems with muscles, joints and posture. I decided it was time to awake and get ready for work so I began the stumbling gait to the bedroom door (which was closed) in nothing but my smile. Maybe it was the sound of my upstairs neighbour falling on his floor or the fact I was floating in mid air, but I suddenly realized that I couldn't leave my room like this. I looked around for a way out of this unfortunate circumstance. I glanced over at the dirty close pile and realized putting on my underwear from yesterday may not be the most sanitary thing to do, so I decided to use the "other" door into the bathroom, taking the chance that somone may be in there already and I would be invading the small amount of privacy our paper doors provide.

{slurp}

To my surprise, the door was locked. I was panic stricken and didn't know exactly what I was going to do. All of a sudden it hit me; an epiphany of epic proportions. I decided to get dressed. Holding back what may have been the biggest piss I've ever had I tugged on some jeans and threw on a shirt and made my way to the bedroom exit. I made it to the bathroom and began the habitial cleaning of face, hands, teeth and hair when Katie sprung up like a cat on a mouse behind me. Scared the shit out of me (check that off the list) and began to tell me that Mel was over.

{slurp}

As you can see, a fairly uneventful morning at my place. I bid my loved ones goodbye with a kiss and I headed out the door to seek fame and fortune. About half way to the van I decided I'd come to work instead.

{slurp}

Well, the coffee is now gone and it is still morning somewhere in Canada. I leave you now in hopes I've brought a smile to someones face. Hope you all have a great day and we'll see you again tomorrow.

{slurp}

Cheers,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment