Saturday, September 17, 2005

v10.3 - Musing on a Move

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Welcome to my special Saturday musing! I haven''t had much time in the the last week and a bit to write, so I thought I''d pump off a musing while I was sitting at my Mother''s house.

{slurp}



The drive across country was LONG! There were times while on the road when I thought we would never make it. Well, after 5000ish kilometers later, we finally arrived at my Father''s place in New Brunswick. Since we had prearranged with our landlord to go to Halifax on Saturday to see the new place, we decided to wait it out at my Father''s house for the week. Just so happens that we arrived just before the Atlantic Balloon Fiesta was supposed to start. There were hot air balloons everywhere which really caught the attention of my kids. There was even a hot air balloon that flew right over my Father''s house no more than 100 feet above us.

I haven''t seen a balloon fiesta in about 7 years so it was nice to be around to see this years.

{slurp}

My Father also had just taken some time off, so he was available the entire time we were there. We got to see some of the new sights in my home town and goto one of the new parks. The place brought back a lot of memories and I saw a lot of familiar faces and couldn''t remember any of their names. While I was looking around and taking in all the sights, I sat and mused about how it was someone else''s life I lived. Strange feeling, I know.

{slurp}

We left my Father''s house on Saturday and headed to Halifax where we met with our new landlord and moved into our new apartment. It is a HUGE apartment measuring approx 1300 sq feet. It is 2 bedroom with 1.5 baths. There is a HUGE den where our computers reside and a huge living/dining/kitchen area that is all open. I really like the place and our suite is the only suite in the building that has a full patio in the back. Our patio spans the width of the living room and den and is accessible by a door in the living room. My parking stall is on the other side of the fence on our patio for easy in and out access. Other than living fairly close to one of the freeways in Nova Scotia, I like the place a lot and can see us staying there for awhile.

{slurp}

I don''t think we were in Halifax more than 4-5 hours before we loaded up in the Van and drove to my Mother''s place to visit her. I had to call my mother Collect because my cell phone had died somewhere between Alberta and New Brunswick and I had no other way to contact anyone. Come to find out, I left my cell phone charger in Calgary. Luckly I had a charger from an older phone which works on my new phone. It isn''t perfect, but it gets the job done just fine. We arrived at my mother''s place later that evening and spent some time sitting up and chatting. The next day we headed out to the Lake where I spent a lot of my summers and remembered back to the "good ol'' days".

{slurp}

My grandmother passed away a couple years ago. She was always the person I looked forward to the most when I came to Shelburne. To come to Shelburne for my first time and have her not here was really hard. I was in Calgary when she died and was not able to make it home for the memorial service or anything. I remember talking with her over the phone a few weeks prior (may have been months) and she sounded sad that I wouldn''t be around so she could see me. I was sad as well and was upset to learn that she died shortly after. Now here I sit in my mother''s Den for my second time in Shelburne without my Grandmother here. It is strange.

{slurp}

Life has changed quite a bit for us as we have picked up a few pieces of our life in Calgary and have moved them to Halifax. I''m excited about starting my new job on Monday and look forward to many years of happiness near family again.

{slurp}

That said, I want to bid you all a fond farewell for now. I''m not certain how my work schedule will be in the coming days and I''m not sure if I''ll be able to fire off a musing everyday like I have been. If that is the case, I can always wake a bit earlier and fire one off from home before going to work. If need be.

{slurp}

Take care my friends and we''ll see you all soon,

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment