Monday, August 22, 2005

v9.8 - Frustration

Morning Folks,

{slurp}

Well, here we are again starting off another week of the same old mundane.

{slurp}



I'm frustrated today. Hell, I''ve been frustrated for the last week or so as I''ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for SOMETHING to happen. As you are aware, I should be getting my offer letter sometime this week. I can only imagine how each day will pass by as I wait for the call to come. I''m frustrated because this has been going on for almost 3 weeks and I''m no more sure about getting this job than I was the day I got my first call. Once the offer letter is signed and sent in, THEN I''ll be happy. :)

{slurp}

Of course the frustration doesn''t just include me. My wife is quite frustrated as well. As you can imagine, for her it is probably a bit worse because she doesn''t have a hell of a lot to keep her mind occupied at home during the day. Myself, I can sit here and work on documentation and cross training which eats up the time pretty quick.

Relationships are never perfect and sometimes it is difficult to sit back and see how the other person is feeling when you are consumed by your own thoughts and worries. For me to think this is only affecting me is being selfish. We are talking about uprooting our entire family and moving across the country. This is a HUGE change for us and there is a lot of stress involved.

{slurp}

Of course, this weekend was all about stress and frustration. My worries are not about whether I get this job or not, but whether I''ll be able to afford the long trek across the country. Yes, I have been told the company will be covering the costs of the move, but I still have to upfront the cash for the move and they will refund me the costs.

My boss called me Friday morning and asked me whether or not I''ll be giving my 2 weeks notice or not. Of course I''ll be giving 2 weeks notice, what kind of person do you think I am?? He also asked me if I had changed my mind about moving back East. I guess some people just don''t get it.

{slurp}

I hope to have some good news this week for everyone. You can bet the musing the day after is going to be a big WOOT!

{slurp}

I''ve also been itching to get back to World of Warcraft. Man, I miss playing that game a LOT! I almost went out this weekend and picked up a time card to play but then decided it wouldn''t be a good idea (yet). My main PC is upstairs connected to the TV for watching movies and such so I would have to drag it back downstairs to play WoW and I just don''t feel like doing that at the moment. I think being away from the game has given me a brand new appreciation for the game and I''m really really looking forward to going back to it.

{slurp}

So, in the meantime, I''ve been keeping busy with keeping the place clean (somewhat) and figuring out what is going, what is staying and how the hell we can afford this move. Once I find something out I''ll be sure to let everyone know.

{slurp}

Well, enough of my frustration for today. :) Take care all and we''ll see you again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment