Tuesday, August 30, 2005

v10.1 - Customer Service

{slurp}

We have been blessed with yet another day. The gods look down apon us and snicker at our mortality and laugh as they play with their preverbial magnifying glass trying to burn us alive like little ants across hot asphalt.

Ever feel like you''re part of some big alien science experiment? Like the "Truman Show" on steroids?

Me neither

{slurp}



Well, I''m about at wits end with this whole buying a new vehicle thing. This has been dragging on for far too long for my liking. I am leaving the province on Friday and I have still yet to get this new vehicle I''ve been waiting for over a 2 weeks now. I have been patient and understanding of the situation, but we now stand a chance of missing our deadlines and having to cancel the renting of the trailer (minimum 24 hour notice) because these guys are dragging their heels and stressing me out. I need to get something finalized today or I''m going to go insane.

Funny how it is always something. First it was waiting for the offer letter and now it is waiting for the vehicle. What''s next? This move, although it came together nicely, has been nothing but a ball of screw ups and delays. On one hand, it is like everyone is doing everything they can to stop me and on the other hand things are coming together at the last second which leads me to believe it is meant to be. I should have had this vehicle mid last week sometime. Instead, I''m looking at mid to end of this week before it will get here.

{slurp}

I''m sure it will all come together and we''ll be moving ahead as origionally planned. I tend to take things to the extreme sometimes, but who doesn''t? I mean, it isn''t every day we go into a car dealership and drop 39 thousand dollars on a brand new vehicle and expect this kind of delay and bull shit. Where is the sense of urgency and respect?

Sales Manager: "This guy is willing to pay a lot of money for a vehicle, we need to get this done ASAP!"

Sales Guy: "Sure, right after I finish my donut and coffee."

I have one word for the Sales Guy; Gushnvosencop.

/rude

{slurp}

Other than the afore mentioned vehicle, everything else is moving along as planned. I received my offical offer letters and welcome kit via UPS courier yesterday. I have faxed over the signed copies of these letters back to my new employer and I''m awaiting the final document to be emailed to me to sign and fax back. Once all this is done, it is just a matter of showing up for work and going through the masses of paper work involved to become an employee. I forgot how much work it was. I haven''t started a new job in over six and a half years so it is a little foggy for me.

{slurp}

I am really really looking forward to leaving this place and moving back home. The team here is going to miss me a little bit as it is almost like a legacy is dieing for them. Of course this paves the way for a new legacy to be born and arise out of the ashes of what was; I''m sure everything will go very smoothly here and people will long forget about me with a couple months.

Tech 1: "Hey, you remember that guy who used to sit over there?"
Tech 2: "The guy who did absolutely nothing all day?"
Tech 1: "Yeah"
Tech 2: "Kinda remember him, what was his name again?"
Tech 1: "Something that rhymed with dumb ass I think, I can''t remember the exact name though."
Tech 2: {laughing} "OH yeah! I remember ''blah blah blah Dumb Ass he''s our man''"{laughing even more}
Tech 1: {laughing on the floor rolling around like a dumb ass}

Yeah, looking forward to not being around for that.

{slurp}

Well gang, I must depart for now. I wanted to get this musing off before 6:30am and it is almost 10 minutes to 7. I must run and get ready to roll some heads this morning. There is a slight chance I may need to do some travelling tonight/tomorrow to pick up my new vehicle, so I may or may not be here to do a musing. Fear not, I will roll at least one more of these out before I move and then a fairly large one once I get setup on the East Coast.

{slurp}

Take care all,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment