Thursday, July 21, 2005

v8.4 - Now for something a little different

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

It is Thursday and I''m just about done for the week. All this packing and moving the last couple weeks has really started to take its toll. On the up side, it is good to get some exercise and feel like I actually accomplished something. On the down side, I''m much more tired out and I don''t sleep well as it is. This makes getting up in the morning much more difficult.

{slurp}



Alas, I am here and I am ready to start my day. As I mentioned at the end of my last musing yesterday, today I have something different for you. Yesterday afternoon I decided to make some changes to my website. In fact, I have completely revamped the entire site to make it easier to navigate and cleaner to look at. You can view the new site via the link at the bottom of this musing. I am still migrating over my musing archives which is basically a copy/paste into the new system. Once this is done, I will remove all files from the old system and go full live with the new.

{slurp}

The reason I decided to change the website for the musings is due to some security issues with the old one. Personally, I like having people hit my website and read my musings. Some have even taken the time to
sign-up to get these in their emails daily. The unfortunate part is all the spammer services out there who feel it necessary to piss me off with their automated feedback responces. Sure, I''d like to know all the inside secrets to Black Jack and have an erection that lasts 8 hours, but I don''t need my maillist community reading that stuff as well. This new system will be much cleaner and have better options to block this kind of BS. So feel free to drop by and drop in a comment or two.

{slurp}

As I mentioned yesterday, we are getting the keys to our new place on Friday (tomorrow!!). I am really looking forward to finally getting those keys and heading down to the new place to look it over and start moving boxes and things in. I would like to borrow my sister''s camera (hint hint) so I can take some pics of the place and post them up for you all to see. Katie''s brother will hopefully be dropping by on Saturday to load up our matresses to move to the new place. We plan on moving as many things as we can Friday Night and Saturday so we can stay there Saturday night and move the big stuff Sunday with the truck. We don''t want to spend any more time in the old place than we need to. If we had our way, we would move in there tomorrow.

{slurp}

Well gang, this is about as far as I''m going to go today. As I mentioned earlier this week, we are one man short since our co-worker left the company on Friday. This has made a lot of work for everyone else (especially me) and I am finding I don''t have enough time in a day (even when I skip lunch) to finish all my
tasks I need to finish. This place sucks, under staffed, over worked, under paid. I need to get out of here FAST.

{slurp}

Take care everyone and we''ll see you bright and early Friday!

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment