Friday, June 17, 2005

v6.9 - Rain Rain Go Away

Morning folks,

{slurp}

IT''S FRIDAY!

All I can say is thank God this week is just about over. Spoke with a friend of mine last night and we talked briefly about the work week and how it has been. I think we both agreed we would rather have a full week of being busy than a week of sitting around doing next to nothing. Personally, I have more issues at work when I don''t work than I do when I do work. Idle hands are the Devil''s tool (right Rick? :) )

{slurp}



As I mentioned in a previous musing not long ago, I will be out of the office all next week on course. Since my course starts at 9am, I may or may not be able to get a musing out the door prior to going on course. You see, I have this issue where I tend to auto-wake around 6:30-7:00 in the morning. My internal clock is messed up from working the early morning shift. In the event I am awake that time of the day, I will do a musing prior to heading off to the course. I won''t promise anything as I don''t know what my week will be like.

{slurp}

Rain rain go away, come again another day.

{slurp}

I was watching the news late last night and the local weather guy made a comment on the amount of rain we are supposed to be getting over the next 2 days. Here in Calgary we have a river which runs through the middle of the ciy along the Downtown core. Basically, he stated that for every Inch of rain we get, that river will rise 1 foot. This is due to runoffs and other various factors. So, I did a quick calculation while I was watching this and we are supposed to get around 80mm of rain over the next two days. That eqates into approx 3 inches. That means the river running through our city will rise about 3 feet. Now, we have to take into consideration the run off rate and the volume of rain as its falling. That mixed with the water in the river flowing at a certain speed and all that fun stuff.

{slurp}

In the last week and a bit, we''ve had approx 6-7 inches of rain fall. Of course it didn''t all come at once and there was a day or two in between the rain falling where it didn''t rain at all. Taking the above into consideration, we have seen about a 6-7 foot change in the river running through the city. There was concern the river may get high enough to run over the banks, but it never did.

{slurp}

Anyway, enough about rain, water and the other BS I''ve written about this week. Let me apologize to you guys on my mailing list. I have had a pretty bad week this week and I have been walking around trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. Work has really been getting me down lately and I struggle daily to get my ass to work and actually do anything worth a damn. I stare at my screen, I browse message boards post whenever I see a new post. I hang out with a few of the guys in our group here and try not to get into too much trouble. Work is very difficult these days. Not difficult in that I can''t do it, but difficult in that I don''t want to do it. Without making this a sad sob story, I''ll leave it at that and move along. I just wanted to give you guys a quick apology as you''ve had to read my garbage musings when you expected something witty and smart.

{slurp}

I played WoW for a little bit last night. Finished off the Westfall quests with my Rogue and did a little bit of assiting with some quests with my Hunter. I was getting ready to take a guildie down into Stockades to complete a few quests he had when the bro-in-law shows up at my house wanting to go for a coffee. My track record up to that point was about 6-0 for me busy and not able to go for a coffee. I found the time last night and Katie ran my character and assisted with the quests. It was a good chat and coffee. I had a lot of things I wanted to say and at the same time wanted to hear what he had to say about all the issues. He opened the realization up on a couple things that I have been dealing with recently and we had a good chat about various other things (mostly work related). As some of you are aware, my bro-in-law was recently packaged from the company and has no issues telling people exactly what he thinks.

{slurp}

I''m reminded of a better time while we were all sitting around a table at a local bar and my boss at the time (this was before my bro-in-law was actually hired on) asked him what he was thinking. Beer can be a dangerous influence, but in this case it helped a lot. The response that came out of his mouth was priceless, "My opinion of this company has gone down the toilet with my last big shit!". Everyone at the table started laughing including my boss. It was good times and I wish for those days at work more and more everyday I see a new change here or a manditory faking on-call policy here. In my personal opinion, our business is going down the toilet with my last big shit where they will meet somewhere in the sewer system and make sloppy love on their way to the waste management plant.

Ok.. too graphic, but I''m really annoyed and pissed off atm about a LOT of different things and I am about ready to say fack the censors on this musing. :)

{slurp}

Alright gang, I better high tail it outta here and find some work to do. I am going to keep myself so busy with work today that I will hardly have time for anything else. I want this day to go by so damn fast I won''t even realize it''s home time until it is.

{slurp}

Hopefully I''ll see you all at least one day next week. If not, keep your stick on the.... errr... look both ways before you cr... errr... dammit.. I need some new material or something. Umm, green means go, red means stop and yellow means accelerate. Or something like that.

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment