Thursday, June 16, 2005

v6.8 - Weeee

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Another day is apon us and another pile of issues to face. I heard on the radio this morning on my way into work that Southern Alberta will be hit with another massive rain storm. This will be the 3rd one in the last month to hit us causing major flooding and damage throughout. Starting tonight until sometime Saturday we are to expect 80+mm of rain to fall.

Oh well, I hope my step sister gets a chance to head out to the mountains at least once while she is here. Doesn''t sound like this weekend will be a good time to do it so we''ll see.

{slurp}



Our new on-call schedule came out yesterday. I think you guys are aware that my boss decided to make our on-call a MANDITORY thing. Well, the meeting we were supposed to have on Tuesday was cancelled and then yesterday the schedule came out for the rest of the year. Prior to this, I was NOT on the on-call rotation. I find it difficult to be on-call when Katie is working and it is just me and the kids at home. Despite his promise to put me on once every 8 weeks, I am finding myself on-call every 5 weeks and on-call for 3 long weekends in a row AND over Christmas. Thanks boss.. that''s just F''in great!!

{slurp}

Doesn''t really matter much to me really. Like I said to everyone here yesterday, I doubt I''ll even see my first rotation which starts August 1. I have been applying at different companies in town for a new job and I have completed my online resume on a job search website in hopes I may get a few bites. I just checked the status of my resume and it has already been viewed by 3 potential employers. :)

So I guess things are looking up in that area. I have finally gotten off my lazy ass and started the ball rolling to get out of here. I could sit here and type until my fingers fell off and still be an employee here. Time I finally stood and got the hell out.

{slurp}

Anyway gang, I have lots to write about, but nothing worthy of a musing. I''m going to take off and get some work done and all that fun stuff. I''ve come to the conclusion that drinking too much coffee is making me fat. Oh well.

{slurp}

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment