Monday, June 6, 2005

v6.3 - Musing over Coffee

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Here we are again on a wonderful Monday morning. Yes, before you ask, I am kidding. :)

{slurp}



First off I would like to congratulate my better half on getting to level 60 with her Human Rogue in World of Warcraft Friday night. Now that she is 60, the two of us will be running mad trying to get the rest of the people in the guild up to 60 asap.

{slurp}

Other than gaming and rain, there wasn''t a whole lot going on this weekend. We have had rain since early last week and it has stuck up until this morning. I think today is the first day in almost a week I''ve seen the actual sun in the sky. Fitting don''t you think? The only time I have to spend any real time with my family and we''re stuck indoors because of rain? As a result, I''m at work today feeling like I missed a day this weekend. Sunday night rolled around and I couldn''t remember what I had done with Saturday.

{slurp}

Today is going to be a fairly short musing as I just remembered we have our HR rep in town today. She will be coming by sometime this morning to meet with everyone and will be in our afternoon meeting to discuss our concerns and issues. I almost don''t want to attend because I had about 2 hours sleep last night and feel like shit today. I just can''t seem to shake this cough. God only knows what things will come out of my mouth given my state. Then again, it may be worth going to so I can see what others are going to say. Meh, I hate confrontations like this.

{slurp}

Meh. Incase you haven''t noticed (the power of text is quite limited), I am feeling a little under the weather today and feeling a little like I don''t want to be here. Not a great way to start a day, I know. I''m sure things will pick up as long as nobody calls in sick.

{slurp}

Our call coordinator is back from a 3-4 week vacation today. Quite funny actually as she was not really missed (in a work related way) the entire time. Last week, I had a fellow employee come up and ask me why the hell we even need her here. I thought about it for a day or two and came to the conclusion there was an aweful lot of money being paid to someone for just answering telephones all day. She has made her job so automated through scripting and cron jobs that she has basically automated her way out of a job. Of course, as with any call center, you need one person who is the central team lead to lay blame on when shit hits the fan. I like laying blame on others. :)

{slurp}

Well gang, I keep drawing blanks at every turn here. I''m going to take off and get some work completed this morning so my boss doesn''t try to make me look like an idiot when he brings this HR lady around today. Remember, if you''re looking to find work within a big corporation, firmly plant your hands palm down on a table top and allow my friend Tiny to slap your ass with his huge walking stick. In other words, STAY AWAY! :) For those who work for big corporations already, you know what I''m talking about and Tiny doesn''t have a stick he has his... well, you get the picture.

{slurp}

Take care my friends, you are all wonderful people.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment