Friday, May 27, 2005

v5.7 - Welp

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

IT''S FRIDAY!!

Another week has come and gone and another weekend is before us. To our American friends this is a long weekend as Monday is Memorial Day. Well, my day started off wrong from the get go. For one, I don''t even think I''m wearing underwear today and I''m afraid to check. So cold. I''m also not feeling well this morning. I woke up with the tell tail signs of a chest cold on its way. I hate getting sick and I will do everything in my power to make sure this one doesn''t set root and cause a crummy weekend.

{slurp}



The ride into work this morning was quite uneventful. I was wondering why the roads were so dead when I realized it was early. That''s right folks, I''m early for work this morning ;) This happens to be a good thing as my early morning counterpart decided he didn''t have enough sleep last night (he should try parenthood on and see how much sleep he freakin'' gets then) and is taking today as a damn study day. We are allowed to take one paid day off as a study day for certification exams and such. In this case, my counterpart has decided to take the day off so he can freakin'' sleep. Pisses me off but what can I do about it?

{slurp}

Overall, this has been a fairly good week. Katie and I are in the process of finding a new place to live. I''m still not certain on the reasons why, but everywhere we''ve looked thus far has been the same or more money which is something I really wanted to avoid. The whole point to moving where we did was because it was cheap and would help us save up cash for a house. We are still looking and she has a good lead on a place down at the South end of the city. We are going there to view it tomorrow and hopefully, if we like it, we will move in for July 1.

{slurp}

Meh

{slurp}

I am really enjoying World of Warcraft these days. This isn''t to say I wasn''t enjoying it; I was just getting burned out trying to get to 60 which was causing a bit of dislike. I hate feeling burned out over a game and now that I''m 60, I can sit back and enjoy the game for what it is again. I have been working on some quests that I wish I knew about earlier. These quests would have made my grind to 60 a LOT easier. Oh well, I''ll remember them for my next toon to level 60. :)

{slurp}

{yawn}

I was doing some reading this past week. One thing in particular I was reading about was dizziness. You know, people get dizzy all the time and up until this past week I had no idea what caused it. Now I do. :)

{slurp}

The body is quite a complicated and interesting device. As most of you already know there is cluster of cells within the inner ear that give us balance. If you didn''t know that, now you do. :) There are 3 sensor locations in the body that help keep us standing and stop the world from spinning. The first is obviously the one mentioned above. The second one is our eyes and the third is located an inch below your belly button and in the middle of your torso. Each sensor does a specific job in helping keep us "steady" in this ever shifting world. The inner ear allows us to balance. If you were to walk around with only one group of these sensors working, you would be more apt to fall over due to having no balance. The second is our eye sight. This helps us judge were we are in relation to the world. When you run down the road, your eyes help to judge distance and provide relational feedback to the brain on the body''s location in relation to the world around you. The t! hird and maybe the most important sensor judges which way is up in relation to the gravitational pull. If someone was to strap you into a big sphere and spin you around for a few seconds, would you be able to tell which was was up? Of course you would, your body will always know which was is up unless you''re in semi-weightlessness and then you''d have to rely on your eyes. Divers can sometimes have issues relating which way is up when in the water. The easiest way to find "up" when underwater is to release a bit of air and watch the bubbles. Of course, if you''re in a paniced state you won''t think of this.

{slurp}

Ok, we have identified and defined the different sensors in the human body. Now, why do people get dizzy again? :) The answer to this is quite simple. These sensors are constantly feeding the brain information. This is why you instinctively put your arms out when you''re trying to balance and/or shift your weight when moving. Your body does this subconsciencely based on the information being provided by your sensors. Just like any other part of the body, there are times when the input of information can be a bit off giving either too much data at once or incorrect data based on one or more of the sensors. When one of these sensors goes wacky for whatever reason (spinning around in circles comes to mind) then the readings your brain is getting will cause a polling of the other sensors to determine if there is a problem. This will cause dizziness and give you the sensation the world IS spinning or not quite still.

{slurp}

Of course, there are various other reasons why people get dizzy which can range anywhere from Medical problems to being sick. This only explains the most common forms of dizziness where kids like to spin in circles and that sensation you get when you look over a huge drop off and your stomach feels like its dropping out of your body.

{slurp}

Well gang.. I need to jet for today. As you are aware my counterpart is away today so I have some things to take care of this morning. Katie wanted me to write about how much I love her in today''s musing. I had seriously thought about writing about that, but then came to the realization there are no words to express how deep my love for her is. Any attempts to explain it and express it would be futile. ;) I love you hun. <3

{slurp}

Take care gang and remember to hang your clothes outside this summer to dry. This will help provide a better future for our children and children''s children.

Cheers,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment