Tuesday, May 24, 2005

v5.4 - Back in Black

Morning folks,

{slurp}

Well, my vacation is finally over. In so many ways I don''t want to be at work today, but here I am getting ready to slave yet another day. We did quite a few things while I was on vacation, so I''ll summarize quickly the higher points.

{slurp}



The most memorable part of my vacation was the beautiful weather. I think there were only a couple days during the ten I was off where the weather wasn''t perfect. Every other day was sunny and around 25 Celcius (77 Ferinheit). We spent an entire day in Drumheller, Alberta with my Sister and her family. We got to see some exhibits in the Dinosaur Museum and crossed a river on an old suspension bridge. The valley is a site to behold in itself. It is like driving through the flat plains of the praries and all of a sudden decending into a prehistoric lands of old. It gave me the feeling of being in another time and place. Something I was really looking forward to as I wanted to feel as far away from here as possible.

{slurp}

We also spent some time out in the Rocky Mountains. Katie and I took the kids out to the first mountain we semi-climbed together (way way back). We hiked up a steep trail to the base of this mountain and had our kids both touch the base. We have taken our son to the mountains many times, but this was the first time he has actually been to the base of one. Our daughter hadn''t been to the mountains in well over a year (she being almost 3 now) and it was a brand new experience for her. It was a great day and a much needed release. Sitting there staring at the mountains makes someone feel fairly small and insignificant. I can see why people feel the need to conquor these massive rock formations.

{slurp}

Also this past week (yesterday to be exact) I dinged level 60 on my Night Elf Hunter in WoW. For those who don''t play and/or don''t know, level 60 is the top level one can achieve in this game (for now). Being level 60 has opened up a whole bunch of new abilities for my character and now I am able to start working on a final end game armor set for him and start diving into some PvP and assisting my friends in getting to 60. Do I feel any different being 60? Not really, but it is a relief getting it out of the way.

{slurp}

Other than the above, most of my vacation was sitting back and relaxing. My brother-in-law was let go from our company while I was away. I''m not very happy with the decision and the way it was carried out. Something I plan on voicing today when I get a chance to talk to my manager. If this is the type of management I am to expect from my current employer, then I have no intention of continued employement with this company. Of course I''ll need to find other work first, but I have been working on that for awhile now.

{slurp}

Well gang, I''m going to bring things to a close here so I can figure out what went on the last 10 days. Remember not to stare at homeless people on the streets, they have feelings too.

Cheers,

{slurp}

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment